|Location||:||Gaza, Palestinian Territory, Occupied|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
CONSULTANCY - TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
Consultant – Finance Functional Business Analyst, (Area)
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) that aims to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities to Palestine refugees in Gaza. By this new collaboration, UNRWA becomes a provider of Information Management, Technology services and capacity augmentation to UNICC technical team, on a cost recovery basis through IMTD/IT Service Center (ITSC) in HQ-Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
The UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Finance Functional Business Analyst to develop and build a Digital Hub of Treasury Solutions (DHoTS) to support various UN Agencies in payments and treasury management. The DHoTS recommends and administers digital data process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities and traceability, associated with the transactional processes and implementation of digital communication protocols to the global reach directly the financial ecosystems; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation, and self-service capabilities.
The Finance Functional Business Analyst will work across multiple operational and technology groups in various partner agencies of UNICC. The incumbent will document the business requirements, high and intermediate level processes and determine the optimal configuration for the identified solutions in the areas of EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), MWP (Mobile Wallet Payments), and ABR (Automated Bank Reconciliation) with partners ERP configuration and reaching global financial ecosystems.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the ERP test cycles in the area of Payables, Payments, and Payroll.
• Payment lifecycle and settlement lifecycle.
• Statements reconciliation automation from Payment Hub to ERPs.
• Fund transfer automation from ERPs to Payment Hub.
• Execute tests where necessary and keep the related test plans and test logs up to date with test results.
• Liaises with all Business Units in resolving problems and correcting defects identified during the test cycle(s) and money test cycle(s).
• Keeps the set of master test scenarios for all integrated digital payables, payments, and payroll, travel related scenarios up to date for future use.
• Provides specialized technical and functional expertise in the implementation of Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), Mobile Wallet Payments (MWP), and Automated Bank Reconciliation (ABR) processes throughout the Organization.
• Translates Bank specification documents into agencies Functional Specifications.
• Maintains effective contact with agency corporate bank partners (functional and technical teams) in the context of obtaining the necessary functional requirements to implement the required EFT, MWP, ABR solutions.
• Liaises with both internal and external stakeholders in the context of the implementation of EFT, MWP, and ABR solutions.
• Works with the Decentralized Regional Bureaux, Finance Team, and agencies treasury to deploy the completed EFT, MWP, ABR solutions to the assigned to decentralized country offices.
• Provide training and related documentation to the assigned Decentralized Offices and Treasury and Finance Team.
• Creates, and update the DHoTS library and Knowledge Base with any country specific information that is required to make effective EFT/MWP payments in assigned countries.
• Supports DHoTS in coordinating and ensuring the delivery of integrated related project streams.
• Streamlines existing business processes and implement new technology to improve efficiencies.
• Continuous collaboration with the DHoTS teams to improve global functionality.
• Performs testing as needed and assist in the resolution of DHoTS services.
• Maintains close and effective relations with various HQ department to ensure that process improvements are appropriate and implemented on a timely basis.
• Monitors and escalate system process concerns identified by the DHoTS, relevant partner entities business function/unit/office. Serve as an escalation point for major escalated service delivery issues.
• Performs any other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in Business Administration, Finance, Banking, and Payments, or other related disciplines.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Finance, HR, Procurement, and/or Project Management.
• Proven understanding of Treasury systems (such as Quantum/Trax or Integrity)
• Prior experience in leading a treasury management system implementation and/or upgrade work with the wider treasury team for testing and rollout.
• Ideally will have worked within a treasury transformation or project role within a corporate treasury function, with experience of a payment hub implementation.
• Working & hands-on experience working with FIS Products e.g., Payment Hub - Quantum Edition (trax)
• Experience with emerging technologies/solutions for Cross border payment using crypto/Blockchain.
• Relevant certification(s)
• One of the other UN official languages
• Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts
• Communicating: Strong English language skills both orally and written, expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Delivering results: Ability to delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes Customer-centric approach to delivery and problem-solving skills
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
• Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on the qualifications and relevant experience, with 1,800 USD monthly salary.
• The incumbent can be from any of UNRWA fields of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank, but will report to HQ Gaza).
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of this consultancy “Finance Functional Business Analyst” in the subject line of the message and field (area)/country of the candidate. The deadline for the submission of applications is 16 October 2021.
Please indicate if you are a Palestinian Refugee and provide your registration card number if applicable.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.