President Donald Trump-led administration imposed tariffs across several nations. Photo: White House/X
A US court has ruled that most of the tariffs announced by the President are illegal, causing Donald Trump to call them 'incorrect'.
The ruling affects Trump's "reciprocal" tariffs" that he imposed on several nations across the globe, an incident that led to global trade tension.
In a 7-4 decision, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit rejected Trump's argument that the tariffs were permitted under an emergency economic powers act, calling them "invalid as contrary to law", BBC reported.
The ruling, however, will not be effective until October 14, giving time to the administration to ask the country's Supreme Court to take up the case.
Reacting to the court's order, Trump wrote on Truth Social: "ALL TARIFFS ARE STILL IN EFFECT! Today a Highly Partisan Appeals Court incorrectly said that our Tariffs should be removed, but they know the United States of America will win in the end. If these Tariffs ever went away, it would be a total disaster for the Country."
Trump further said: "It would make us financially weak, and we have to be strong. The U.S.A. will no longer tolerate enormous Trade Deficits and unfair Tariffs and Non Tariff Trade Barriers imposed by other Countries, friend or foe, that undermine our Manufacturers, Farmers, and everyone else."
"If allowed to stand, this Decision would literally destroy the United States of America. At the start of this Labor Day weekend, we should all remember that TARIFFS are the best tool to help our Workers, and support Companies that produce great MADE IN AMERICA products," he said.
He said: "For many years, Tariffs were allowed to be used against us by our uncaring and unwise Politicians."
Trump said: "Now, with the help of the United States Supreme Court, we will use them to the benefit of our Nation, and Make America Rich, Strong, and Powerful Again! Thank you for your attention to this matter."
Meanwhile, a report by American multinational investment bank and financial services company Jefferies showed Donald Trump slapped a steep 50 percent tariff on New Delhi as he was not allowed to mediate in the India-Pakistan conflict.
The report stated that such unprecedentedly high tariffs were a "consequence" of Trump's "personal pique" and that he reportedly hoped to intervene in the conflict between the two South Asian nuclear powers.
"Tariffs are primarily the consequence of the American president's personal pique that he was not allowed to play a role in seeking to end the long-running acrimony between India and Pakistan," the report stated.
India has repeatedly said that it does not welcome interventions by other countries in conflicts with Pakistan.
Trump, meanwhile, claimed on multiple occasions that he ended several conflicts around the world, including the one between India and Pakistan.
The White House even claimed that Trump should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for the same.
"It's well past time that President Trump was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize," White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt had said in July.
Earlier this year, Trump, in a post on Truth Social, wrote: "I will work with you both to see if, after a thousand years, a solution can be arrived at, concerning Kashmir."
The tariffs came into effect on August 27.