|Organization Name||:||Good Food Institute (GFI)|
|Location||:||Remote, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of animals.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your analytical skills to support the Corporate Engagement Team and accelerate the growth of the alternative protein industry. You will be the go-to source for alternative protein market and consumer insights. The Research Analyst will be responsible for:
• Conducting market research, compiling secondary research, analyzing data, and identifying actionable insights to inform Corporate Engagement efforts. This includes management of our annual syndicated retail sales and household panel data from SPINS/Nielsen.
• Translating insights and findings from research and analysis efforts to create and maintain business tools, including industry reports, market research dashboards, presentation decks, webinars, and databases.
• In conjunction with the Research & Analysis manager and/or third parties, using data to develop models and build forward-looking industry forecasts.
• Organizing and maintaining the department’s market and consumer research, external reports, and acquired data. This includes creating, updating, and organizing presentation decks with the most recent and compelling data points, charts, and studies.
• Identifying research and data gaps and putting forward recommendations to address those gaps.
• Providing analytical support to Corporate Engagement outreach staff by reviewing research, analyzing data, and presenting it in a clear concise manner. This may also include helping to prepare the team for meetings by developing related reports and/or presentations.
• Keeping abreast of the latest industry news and insights as it relates to market and consumer information, and regularly updating department resources with the most current information.
• Coordinating with external data partners to secure data and research purchasing and usage agreements.
• Supporting the Research and Analysis Manager in the planning and execution of research and analysis projects.
• Working collaboratively within the Corporate Engagement team, as well as across departments and with International affiliates, to align goals, coordinate activities, and report outcomes.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Research Analyst must have:
• A bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience. Consulting and/or consumer packaged goods industry research, analysis, and/or consumer insights experience preferred.
• Familiarity with syndicated sales data such as Nielsen, IRI, SPINS preferred.
• Ability to clean and work with large datasets.
• Experience using data to drive business decisions.
• Experience creating presentations and/or writing reports.
• Experience forecasting or developing projections preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and organizational skills.
• Strong Excel, data management, and data visualization skills.
• Strong written communication skills, including the ability to succinctly communicate actionable insights to stakeholders.
• Self-motivation and ability to work well both independently and in concert with a larger group.
• Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
• Intellectual curiosity and interest in the alternative protein industry.
• Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmental sustainability, animal protection, and/or food security.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about GFI’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The Fine Print
• Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
• Reports to: Corporate Engagement Research and Analysis Manager
• Location: Remote; United States
• Travel: Flexible, but anticipated travel of one week per quarter for conferences, workshops, and organizational retreats. During the pandemic, all business is being conducted virtually.
• Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
• This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
• Salary: $47,000-$53,000
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Apply at: https://gfi.org/job/?gh_jid=5455979002