Islamabad: A pastor and his family were beaten up and forced to leave the area in Pakistan's Rahim Yar Khan city recently, media reports said.
Sources told ANI news agency, pastor Haroon Sadiq Cheeda, his wife and young son were attacked by some armed Islamists. They were later forced to leave the area in blood-stained clothes.
The attackers, who have not been identified so far, were reportedly carrying weapons.
The incident was reported to the local police, but sources told ANI that ASI Basharat Dhilon and the rest of the police force backed the attackers and supported them.
Minorities have been targeted in Pakistan for several years now
- Hong Kong: China's new agency to monitor national security law implementation
- China is using 'debt-plomacy' against Muslim nations to buy its silence on Uyghurs: Report
- Uyghur rights group asks UN to immediately strip China of its participatory status at UNHRC
- Lahore Court denies bail to Geo Media Group Editor-in-Chief Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, protests erupt
- UN chief underscores need for reconciliation 25 years after Srebrenica genocide