• 2/ if you are eligible to work and relocate to Marseille, France.
Description of Duties
Project Management: Afghanistan and Ukraine
• Develop programming through writing of project concept paper, proposal and budget for iMMAP using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
• Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
• Ensure that an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy, is developed in each Country/project.
• Plan the mobilization of resources for the implementation of program activities in close coordination with Country Offices, including participation to technical roles' recruitment.
• Ensure that a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame is in place for each project/Country office.
• Proactively inform iMMAP relevant stakeholders of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
• Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
• Support program implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
• Review all report coming from the field to the donors and or partners: quarterly up to annual performance report, activities reports…
• Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
• Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes at technical level, ensuring capitalization on past experiences.
• Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non- governmental organizations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the program.
• Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
• Assist iMMAP Head of Country Office with forward strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation, providing a technical guidance and technical strategic vision.
• Support field staff on development of relationship with all donors and partners present in middle east countries in the humanitarian and aid development sector.
• Support country office on Business Development activities.
• Track proposals opportunities including but not limited to Government US federal government, European institutions, UN Agencies, and international NGOs and Banks of development.
• Provide guidance on or participate in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts;
• Actively participate in all proposal development initiatives with the support of iMMAP HQ US (OFDA/FFP, ECHO, DFID…).
• Master's degree in international development studies preferred but not required; as Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Information Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Development
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 8 years of work experience.
• Arabic strongly recommended, fluent in French and English written and verbal communication skills.
• Very good knowledge of the ECAR context (Donors and Partners of the humanitarian and aid development sector).
• Proven ability and experience in interacting with a wide range of government and humanitarian organizations;
• Understanding complex concepts and the ability to articulate funder needs to iMMAP’s Senior Staff and internal reviewers.
• Demonstrated ability to follow up with and to write proposals and develop new projects
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan program close- out.
• Knowledge of basic program development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation
• Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
• Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
• Ability to work based on objectives.
• Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office and Google Suites.
Consultant's fees scale: $6,500 USD - $8,500 USD
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Apply at: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/790/