• Management of procurement and logistics with the Humanitarian Response Team
• Ensuring implementation of our Humanitarian Response Monitoring & Evaluation Framework on and proper tracking and tracing on all orders
• Actively communicate and engage to build partnerships and stakeholder relationships inside Ukraine and with partners in Europe and globally involved in humanitarian and emergency response in Ukraine
• Take part in national and international humanitarian coordination meetings and briefings, inputting as required from PATRIR’s response and reporting back to the team
• Ensure with our Financial Officer proper oversight and monitoring of contracting, budgeting and expenses on humanitarian orders
• Comply with all relevant policies and procedures with respect to child rights and safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
• Participate in humanitarian assessment missions and writing / presentation of briefings and reporting on needs and situation assessments in Ukraine
• Ensure integration of humanitarian interventions to maximize the impacts of the interventions – starting from the beginning to plan and integrate immediate/short- term, medium, and long-term response measures
• Ensure production of high-quality donor reports, internal narrative reports, and collection, analysis, and dissemination of relevant information and data relevant to the response.
• Work with Communication Coordinator to ensure timely submission of the situation report for the humanitarian response
• Work closely with the PATRIR team to ensure that a complaint response mechanism in place and well-maintained
• Work closely with specialists to document good practices and lessons learned to promote learning on humanitarian interventions to inform future responses
To be considered for this position candidates must have the following competencies:
• University Degree in Humanitarian Aid, International Development Cooperation, Refugee Studies, Social Sciences, or related fields of social development, social work, conflict and peace studies, human rights, international relations, etc.
• Candidates who may lack field- specific academic studies but have extensive professional experience and qualifications will also be considered.
Experience & Skills:
• Preferably: 3 – 5 years’ experience working in humanitarian or emergency response
• University degree in relevant area (preferred)
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently as required.
• Skills and experience in: Humanitarian Response; Humanitarian Coordination; Project Leadership & Management; International Development Assistance; Monitoring & Reporting; Development or Aid Budget Management; Safeguarding and Child Protection (a plus); Gender-Sensitive & Gender-Responsive Programming (a plus)
• Substantial people and programme management experience with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to produce high-quality reports.
• Ability to travel to remote areas affected by disasters with short notice.
• Ability to work in irregular working hours, especially at the onset of an emergency.
• Representational, political awareness, and advocacy skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a necessity. Ukrainian and/or Russian or Romanian language expertise highly valued.
• Ability to manage Media & Press Relations, develop a network or have a network of existing relations with media, and craft excellent Press Releases and Media Briefings.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
• Strong time-management, planning, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in sometimes high-paced contexts and resilience to stress and crisis situations. You will be working in a team that places a strong emphasis on wellbeing, team care, and support, but in a wartime/humanitarian crisis which sometimes requires being able to work under challenging situations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures.
• A commitment to quality in your work
Additional capabilities: creativity, honesty, reliability, resilience, sincerity, healthy communication, process management, problem-solving, optimisation, team player.
Exceptional and highly motivated candidates who may not fully meet all of these requirements but who can show how they would excel in this position are encouraged to apply.
What we offer
We are committed to providing a dynamic and supportive work environment where colleagues have the opportunity to grow and flourish. You will be taking on an important role as the lead administrative position in the Institute. Located in Cluj-Napoca – Kolozsvar – Klausenburg (the three names of our city), Romania, PATRIR offers an international, collaborative and flexible work environment with strong commitment to employee well-being. We are a growing Institute with a commitment to increase our impact locally, nationally and internationally. Colleagues are encouraged to build on your areas of key motivation and expertise, and to actively pursue growth and development.
You will be joining a highly dedicated and committed team of professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences; as well as working closely with local, national, and international partners, government and inter-governmental organizations, and volunteers and interns.
Job Specifications: Summary
Position: Humanitarian Coordinator: Ukraine
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Applicants must already have the right to work in the EU and ability to relocate to Cluj-Napoca, Romania within 2 – 4 weeks maximum.
Language Requirements: English Fluency is required. Knowledge of another language – in particular Ukrainian and/or Romanian – would be an excellent addition.
Duration: Initial contract duration for 6 months with the intention to extend. This position will most likely be planned for a 2-year+ duration with an opportunity for further renewal.
Deadline to Apply: Applications to the position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Salary Range: The salary range is from Euros 1200 - 1400 per month net (after taxes) depending upon qualifications and experience.
How to apply
1. Read the job description fully and ONLY apply if it is relevant for you and you have the required experience and expertise.
2. Please send a CV and Motivation Letter (maximum 2 pages) together with 2 – 3 references (in the first round it is enough to send contacts for references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters will be requested from applicants who make it to the 2nd round). Use the subject: “Application – Humanitarian Coordinator: Ukraine”.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)patrir.eu