• Supervising the Academic fellows and providing guidance and feedback on their work and programs with the students. Providing academic coaching and support. Designing learning experiences to support the students active participation in the program and completion of their studies.
• Running weekly meetings with the students, and leading mini-workshops, check-ins, and team building activities Securing internship and employment opportunities for students and advocating for refugee work permits:
• Tracking students academic progress and ensuring timely acquisition of internships
• Tracking student internship experience with students and employers
• Networking with companies and businesses to secure internships
• Providing students with professional development workshops and opportunities to help ensure they are internship and employment-ready
Onboarding new students and tracking student progress:
• Providing guidance to students in the AA and BA admissions process and liaising with SNHU and JRS Kenya on requirements and submissions
• Tracking student progress on the Power BI system
• Flagging students falling below minimum scholarship requirements and developing action plans with these students
• Performs other, similar duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Project Management, or related field
• Experience in teaching or conducting workshops.
• Experience in designing learning interventions for out of school youth
• Strong academic writing skills
• Experience working with young people and out of school youth especially refugees and the marginalized.
• Must be highly proactive in communicating locally and internationally with students, on-site members, supervisors, faculty, and JRS staff
• Highly proactive management and coordination skills, ensuring effective and efficient workflow
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Previous experience with a faith-based NGO is an added advantage
Core values and ethics
• Commitment to JRS’s mission, vision, and values; ability to convey with enthusiasm JRS’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and to advocate for their right to protection and a life in dignity
• High integrity, honesty, and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with people, situations and information
• Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value
Terms and Conditions
Contract is for Six Months, renewable, with an initial probationary period of Three months. The JRS remuneration policy is aligned with the JRS ethos to offer effective and professional services and at the same time express solidarity with the people served.
How to apply
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th July 2022:
1. A cover letter describing the candidate’s desire and motivation to work for JRS and how her/his qualifications and experience are a good fit for this position
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, including three (3) professional references with contact information, phone, and email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining JRS
Job Email id: hrkenya(at)jrs.net