IOM/Monica Chiriac Amarcia is one of the 1.5 million people who have been displaced in Niger by conflict in the central Sahel region.
The recent “horrific killings” of dozens of civilians in two villages in western Niger have been condemned in the strongest terms by the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Myanmar violence ‘must cease immediately’: UN agencies
- Somalia: ‘Prioritize the national interest’ international partners urge, as political stalemate continues
- UNRWA chief reports on despair and hope among Palestinians, as US announces $150 million in aid
- The more you learn, the more you earn: education and poverty alleviation in Thailand
- FROM THE FIELD: providing hope for those living with HIV in Yemen