Kabul: The Afghan Special Forces arrested two suspected Islamic State terrorists from Kabul city of Afghanistan, media reports said.
The Special Operations Corps said in a statement that the Special Forces arrested the two ISIS militants in Paghman district, reported Khaama Press.
The military officials said Monday that the Special Forces arrested an ISIS-K militant during a patrol in Deh Sabz district of Kabul, reported the news agency.
A small cache of weapons were reportedly destroyed by the forces.
Afghanistan's Ministry of Interior released a statement and said General Command of Police Special Units (GCPSU) launched an overnight operation in PD5, Kabul City.
As a result, two men arrested accused of helping Taliban militants.
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council
- Zimbabwe ‘facing worst hunger crisis in a decade’
- Iraqi security forces detain late al-Baghdadi's deputy commander
- Jalalabad: Japanese national with honorary Afghanistan citizenship killed