Kabul: Unknown gunmen shot dead a university professor in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province on Tuesday, media reports said.
Ataullah Khogyani governor office spokesperson told Khaama Press the incident took place at 7am this morning (Tuesday) in the Hakimabad area of Khogyani district.
Adam was a professor at the Faculty of Pashto literature at the Nangarhar University and has previously served as a professor at Badakhshan University, reported the news agency.
Police said an investigation into the incident is currently underway.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
- COVID-19 pandemic should be ‘shock’ to UN, revive multilateral order, France’s Macron tells world leaders
- China-backed hackers broke into 100 firms, agencies: US Justice Department
- Officials bust Pakistan spy agency ISI's secret drug supply route in South Africa
- Belarusian police arresting protesters in Minsk
- UK Health Minister tells public to follow COVID-19 rules or face national lock down