Khost: Unknown men abducted a US citizen, who is working as a contractor, in the Khost Province in eastern Afghanistan, media reports said on Thursday.
The identities of the abductors are still not known.
a US official told CNN efforts to track and locate the individual are ongoing and noted that the contractor was not working for the US military at the time of the abduction.
A State Department spokesperson told CNN, "The welfare and safety of US citizens abroad is one of the highest priorities of the Department of State. We have no further comment."
- Global Acceleration Framework to speed up water and sanitation access for all
- Professor charged for illegally using US grants to aid Chinese research - Justice Dept
- Illegal trade in fake or faulty COVID-19 products booming, new UN research reveals
- US military to stand strongly with India in clash with China: White House official
- Car bomb detonated near security check post in Afghanistan's Maidan Wardak