Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) The British Airways company has canceled over 1,500 flights as a result of strikes of pilots scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, media reported Sunday.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the strikes will affect around 280,000 people and cost 80 million pounds ($98.2 million).
On August 23, the British Airline Pilots Association (BALPA) announced that it called on its members to strike from September 9-10, and on September 27, following disputes over pay and perks cuts.
The company called on the passengers to stay home if their flight has been canceled.
The Russian Foreign Ministry also warned Russian citizens about the strikes and massive cancellations.
- Norway charges 2019 mosque shooter with terrorism, murder
- Four civilians killed in roadside bombing in Yemen's Hodeidah
- Turkish security forces arrest at least 47 people over suspected links to PKK – Reports
- At least 15 children killed in Haiti orphanage fire
- Turkish military says 'neutralized' 6 Kurdistan workers’ party members in Northern Iraq