|Organization Name||:||Opportunity International|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jan 2021, 04:05 am|
|Closing Date||:||15 Feb 2021, 12:00 am|
Regional Accounting Manager, Africa
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Department: Africa Region
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Opportunity International has legal entities in four African countries with additional growth planned over the next few years. The Regional Accounting Manager is responsible for reviewing and analyzing a variety of financial information and records, and maintaining financial reports in accordance with IFRS for each of the African entities. Sitting in the Africa Region office, this role provides financial reporting and analysis support to the Regional Director, Africa.
This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with the US Head Office Finance team to ensure timely and accurate month-end and year-end reporting
• Perform monthly close process by preparing journal entries and needed accruals
• Prepare general ledger and bank reconciliations and manage the resolution of reconciling items
• Assist with the annual budget process and issue monthly actual vs. budget financial reports with commentary for large variances
• Provide analysis and financial data as needed to the Regional Director, Africa
• Manage donor and project reporting by ensuring accurate project coding on all transactions and maintaining appropriate supporting documentation
• Help develop and implement new procedures and process improvements to meet operational needs and improve accuracy and efficiency of the African entities
• Ensure compliance with established accounting and company policy and procedures
• Review compliance reports from the various African countries where Opportunity US works and advise necessary corrective actions
• Assist with the preparation of financial and donor audits
• Act as the banking administrator by reviewing and preparing applications, forms and other documents required to open and/or maintain local bank accounts that are needed to facilitate operations
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required
• 5 or more years of similar accounting experience
• Experience in preparation of tax and other statutory returns
• Experience in the preparation and analysis of Financial Statements and Management Reports
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience with QuickBooks
• A clear commitment to the values of the organization – commitment, humility, respect, integrity, stewardship, and transformation.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Regional Director, Africa
• Africa Program Staff
• Finance Team including Country CFOs / Heads of Finance
• Human Resources
• Program Management team
• Ability to travel within Africa up to 10% of the time.
Apply at: https://opportunity.org/who-we-are/careers-internships/careers/