|Organization Name||:||The United Nations University (UNU)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Jan 2021, 04:29 am|
|Closing Date||:||12 Feb 2021, 12:00 am|
POSITION: Personnel Service Agreement (PSA)
REFERENCE NO.: 2020/UNU/HQ/C3/PSA/ICTHT/75
LOCATION: Tokyo, Japan
TIMEZONE: UTC +9
CLOSING DATE: Open until position is filled
About UN University
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 SDGs, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
United Nations University Campus Computing Centre (C3)
The Campus Computing Centre (C3) serves as the technology arm of the United Nations University, providing, responsive, user-focused and cost-effective information and communications technology (ICT) solutions that assist UNU and its institutes in successfully achieving their respective missions. In fulfilling this responsibility, C3 is committed to guiding the University’s strategic technology direction and overseeing the coordination and support of ICT infrastructure, resources and services in alignment with the University’s mission and goals.
C3 invites candidates to apply for the position of ICT Helpdesk Technician. Initial training and shadowing will be provided to successful candidates. The role will ultimately be autonomous, with the potential ICT Helpdesk Technician being expected to logically prioritise and address issues under their responsibility.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Diagnose, debug, and resolve end-user technical problems via helpdesk ticket system, email, phone, or in person
• Ensure problems and issues are systematically tracked, escalated accordingly, and followed up on in a timely manner
• Collaborate with colleagues while working on short-term and long-term ict projects
• Assist in the provisioning of ip telephone services, computer, and email accounts
• Identify and escalate incidents requiring urgent attention
• Other ict support tasks designated by supervisor
Requirements and qualifications
Requirements and qualifications include:
• A bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of experience in helpdesk support (or equivalent face-to-face, client support)
• Spoken and written fluency of the english language
• Experience with windows operating system desktop support and multi-function printers
• Understanding and basic experience with networking and ip phones
• Familiarity and experience with the mac/macos environment
• Experience with computer hardware and software installation, configuration, and administration
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Familiarity and experience with some or all the following applications is not required, but is desirable:
• Windows Image Deployment & Administration
• Microsoft Exchange
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Symantec Endpoint Protection
• Office 365 and associated services
• IP Networking
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Remuneration is based on experience. This is a locally recruited position and no relocation allowance applies. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. UNU does not sponsor a working visa for this position.
Duration of contract
This is full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-Centre Tokyo with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance. The combined duration of appointments may not exceed six (6) years.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit their application online through Impactpool (https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/644686) and upload the following documents:
• a cover letter setting out how the qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position
• an updated curriculum vitae
• copies of your academic certificates (degree/diploma)