|Organization Name||:||Amazon Watch|
|Location||:||Oakland, California, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Dec 2020, 05:00 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Jan 2021, 12:00 am|
Amazon Watch is a dynamic nonprofit organization working to protect the rainforest, advance the rights of Indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin, and halt the advancement of the climate crisis. Amazon Watch is a woman of color-led organization that works in partnership and solidarity with Indigenous communities across the Amazon as part of the international climate justice movement. Many of our allies across the Amazon are actively resisting and organizing against climate change related catastrophes, the onslaught of extreme far-right regimes, and the expansion of fossil fuel and other extractive industries.
We are seeking a passionate professional to serve as our Digital Organizer. The ideal candidate will be an experienced campaigner proficient in conceiving, creating, and implementing effective digital strategies to win campaigns. Quick thinking and rapid-response flexibility are as important as a longer-term strategic planning mindset.
The Digital Organizer’s primary responsibility is to develop & implement digital campaign strategies to achieve programmatic goals and objectives. This will include creating messaging, organizing campaign activities, generating online content and managing multiple online organizing portals to mobilize Amazon Watch supporters for the advancement of Indigenous rights and protection of the Amazon.
Preferred Digital Organizer candidates will have three to five years of professional experience working in the fields of campaigns, online organizing, grassroots organizing or in a related field. The Digital Organizer will work as part of Amazon Watch’s Communication team, but will also collaborate with the Program and Development teams.
This is a full-time position based in our Oakland, CA headquarters, however during the COVID-19 pandemic all Amazon Watch staff will work remotely. Flexible work hours may be required including some weekends and evenings.
• Work closely with our communications, program, and field teams to plan and execute digital campaigns, as well as support and amplify the work of our close partners and allies
• Identify organizing opportunities and appropriate moments to escalate campaigns and assist or lead rapid response actions, including mobilizing supporters to take action online and offline
• Setup and establish new ladders of engagement to more effectively move supporters to action and to expand our online donor program
• Support development of content for action-oriented Google, Facebook and other ads to reach target audiences
• Create strategy and copy for online action pages
• Increase the number of activist supporters and cultivate new prospects using online strategies
• Co-writes advocacy emails and scripts for engagement
• Set up digital campaigns infrastructure:
• Ex. Action Network
• Ex. ThruText
• Ex. Mobile Commons
• Support development and rollout of strategic digital programming, including Facebook lives, trainings, actionars
• Support content creation for online channels, including text, email, website pages, etc.
• Track and analyze digital metrics to measure success and identify key lessons from campaigns and projects
• Three to five years professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing
• Proven ability to increase base of support through strategic online strategies
• Demonstrated passion for progressive politics and social justice
• Desire to work with Indigenous and affected communities and personal passion for our mission
• Excellent writer, able to write concisely, clearly and quickly
• Good eye for graphic design (extensive design experience is not required)
• Online campaigning experience; experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ongoing interest in other popular digital platforms
• Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently
• Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity; balance of left and right, brain and heart
• Spanish language skills;
• Portuguese language skills.
Please, no calls. Send résumé, three references, and a cover letter about why you would like to join our team and why you are the best candidate for the job. Please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, such as:
“Ana_Martinez_Cover_Letter.doc” and “Ana_Martinez_Resume.doc.”
To apply please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Email id: applications(at)amazonwatch.org