|Organization Name||:||Water Mission (WM)|
|Location||:||North Charleston, South Carolina, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Nov 2020, 06:58 am|
|Closing Date||:||23 Dec 2020, 12:00 am|
Who is Water Mission
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 5 million people in 56 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity
The Senior Partnerships Manager is responsible for leading the Partnerships Managers and representing the ministry of Water Mission in building long-term relationships with current and prospective mid-level partners including but not limited to individuals, families, businesses, and churches. The focus of this role will be building and managing the development (revenue-generating) strategies for the Partnerships Managers to accomplish goals and objectives established by the National Director of Investor Partnerships. This will include sharing what God is doing through the ministry and intentionally developing relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships to facilitate the funding of Water Mission’s vision.
This position is also responsible for engaging a portfolio of donors through a quarterly communication strategy that includes phone calls, emails, handwritten notes, ministry updates, etc. He/she will also qualify potential major donors through prospect research and coordinate closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning relationships. The Senior Partnerships Manager reports to the National Director of Investor Partnerships and may be located at our Charleston, SC, headquarters or can be based remotely. A successful Senior Partnerships Manager will:
• Represent Water Mission and Develop Mid-Level Partnership Strategy
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public.
• Maintain working knowledge of Water Mission projects, activities, and operations, as well as investment, financial, global, and news-worthy issues in order to effectively communicate opportunities to partners.
• Represent Water Mission at events as needed.
• Collaborate with National Director of Investor Partnerships to establish the goals and priorities for the mid-level strategy and manage their execution.
• Continually evaluate and measure performance by monitoring key metrics and conducting analysis.
• Present Opportunities for Partnership
• Invite people into deep and meaningful partnership through giving opportunities that align their ministry passions with the mission and programs of Water Mission.
• Encourage donors to seek the Lord in their giving decisions.
• Intentionally Build and Advance Relationships
• Manage a portfolio of approximately 600 investors giving between $1K- $10K annually.
• Ensure people feel like valued partners with a personal connection to the ministry.
• Develop and execute a range of engagement activities designed to advance each relationship. This includes phone calls, updates and reporting, emails, letters, and other meaningful touches. The priority of this role is not direct face-to-face engagement, but strategic touch-points that delight the donor and deepen and lift the relationship.
• Periodically design campaigns as a fresh strategy to highlight a certain geographic or other initiative and, thereby, increasing support.
• Qualify potential major donors through prospect research and coordinate closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning relationships.
• Serve and Care for Partners
• Ensure each donor has a strong connection to the ministry, feels like valued partner, and knows how Water Mission is helping them achieve their giving goals.
• Thank donors well by providing personal and timely acknowledgement.
• Provide customized impact reporting and other forms of updating as needed.
• Minister to donors by connecting on a spiritual level—encouraging their walk with the Lord, praying with and for them, and incorporating principles of Biblical stewardship as appropriate.
• Accurately document all constituent contact information using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software.
• Report donor/prospect engagement activity and outcomes monthly to the National Director of Investor Partnerships.
What is required
• Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
• Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced by Water Mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing & Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
• Master’s degree and CFRE are a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience in successfully developing relationships with individuals and/or businesses.
• Effective manager with at least three (3) years of experience in managing direct reports.
• Track record of raising five hundred thousand dollars or more annually through cultivation of donors (or sales equivalent).
• Passion for relationships and an understanding of Biblical Stewardship.
• Excellent team-building, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Proven ability to effectively steward, nurture and maintain relationships.
• Consistently present a professional image and effectively communicate the mission and purpose of Water Mission.
• Commitment to the mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
Apply at: https://watermission.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31