|Organization Name||:||International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)|
|Location||:||Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Information Manager (requires French fluency with good working knowledge of English)
Context of the organization:
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international non-governmental organization that provides security-related support to humanitarian workers by establishing security coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, security-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff referrals and training.
INSO services help NGOs in their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their general knowledge of their intervention context in order to enable them to base their humanitarian access decisions on factual data. The Organization has grown from an innovative start-up to a globally recognized organization and a key part of the humanitarian security coordination system.
Today, the Organization provides daily support to more than 1,000 NGOs in 14 of the world's most insecure countries and has built a solid reputation for performance, principles and professionalism.
Since April 2019, INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its global headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
The INSO Burkina Faso mission:
INSO Burkina Faso started in 2018 and launched its full services through its offices in Ouagadougou, Dori and its branches in the north, east and upper basin of the country.
INSO provides services to improve the delivery of humanitarian aid and safeguard the safety of staff employed by approximately 142 Burkinabe, national and international NGOs providing humanitarian and emergency aid.
We are looking for an experienced person to join our team as Information Manager (IM) based in Ouagadougou and mobile in all regions covered by INSO in Burkina Faso.
Summary of functions:
The main objective of the position is to develop high quality data visualization products, including maps and charts, and to effectively manage the database as well as the partner registration process with INSO.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the field of GIS and information management. he / she will be curious and detail-oriented and will have extensive experience in building and leading high performance teams.
GIS related activities:
• Identify needs and sources of cartographic information in collaboration with program teams.
• Collect geographic data for analysis and presentation.
• Produce high quality maps, graphics and other products to support the analyzes produced by the INSO teams and facilitate understanding of the conflict by NGOs.
• Provide relevant inputs for field missions to collect data for INSO products, including maps.
• Management of the incident database
• Ensure that the information contained in the database of incidents collected by INSO in Burkina Faso is correctly classified, updated quickly and easily accessible for its users.
• Monitor the accuracy and quality of data collected by field offices.
• Oversee the registration and updating of the list of partners registered with INSO via the Organization's Partner Portal.
• Supervise and support the Information Officer and the GIS / IT Officer (national posts).
• Work closely with the Programs Department to understand and meet their needs.
• Train staff with data entry responsibilities (Information Assiastant, Safety Advisor, Assistant Safety Advisor) on database management.
• Manage and regularly update Sharepoint folders.
• Develop material for the advertising of INSO services under the direction of the corresponding departments.
• Assist in the implementation of IT and information policies.
• Master's degree or equivalent in GIS, geography, information systems or in a relevant field.
• Fluency in French compulsory (written and spoken). Good knowledge of English.
• 3-5 years of experience in GIS and data visualization in a humanitarian organization and similar context.
• Extensive experience with ArcGIS for data management and manipulation, strong ArcGIS technical skills including creating topologically correct shapefiles and geodatabases.
• Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relating to GIS and information management in crisis contexts.
• Strong cartographic skills, including model development and adherence to cartographic standards, are highly desirable.
• Extensive experience with Excel.
• Familiarity with QGIS and online geoservices (such as Carto.com) is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
• Fluency in French compulsory and English desirable (written and spoken).
• Experience in security and / or political mapping.
• Knowledge of analytical software (Tableau, SPSS, PowerBI).
• Prior knowledge of the context of Mali is an asset, as is experience of working in this region.
• Experience working with humanitarian organizations, especially NGOs.
• Staff management experience.
Key personal skills:
• Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in problem solving.
• Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
• Ability to work effectively without supervision.
• Strong work ethic and ability to take responsibility for own actions.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, with availability to work weekends if necessary.
• The holder must protect access to information by unauthorized third parties.
Terms and conditions: 12-month contract with a desired start date January 04, 2021. Monthly salary of € 4550 per month, 4 calendar days of annual leave per month worked, 7 days of R&R every 3 months with an allowance of € 1000, accommodation, comprehensive medical coverage (excl. USA) and life insurance included.
Protection and recruitment policy:
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection and screening of potential new staff, administrators and volunteers. We will ensure strict compliance with our code of conduct and our safeguard policy throughout the recruitment process.
As such, the following recruitment practices will be applied:
• Any job offer will be conditional on receipt of at least two satisfactory professional references;
• INSO will question the candidates on any important interval between the different positions or frequent changes of employer and address;
• All essential qualifications and professional accreditations as well as memberships will be verified;
• The successful candidate will have to provide valid proof of identity (passport, identity card);
• All new employees will receive an orientation on INSO codes and procedures in terms of protection policy (code of conduct, whistleblowing, etc.);
• All new employees will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “INFORMATION MANAGER BFA” in the subject line of the e- mail. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivations for applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1 page maximum).
• Updated CV (2 pages maximum).
• 3 or 4 examples of relevant maps created by the candidate in the past.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Job Email id: jobs(at)mali.ngosafety.org