|Organization Name||:||Internet Society|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society (ISOC) is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world. Information about the Internet Society and its activities may be found at https://www.internetsociety.org/.
Location: Latin America
About the Position
The Communications and Outreach Manager will design, develop, and implement innovative communications strategies and programs to advance the Internet Society’s key projects and initiatives. In particular, this position requires the ability to effectively articulate and advance organizational viewpoints and objectives across regional and global Internet technical and policy communities. The Communications and Outreach Manager will work closely with project leaders and other technical experts within the subject matter expert group and will collaborate with staff across the Internet Society organization, including those within the corporate communications, external engagement, and membership teams.
This position plays a central role in advancing and fulfilling the Internet Society’s outreach needs, goals and objectives, particularly in our efforts to build Internet infrastructure around the world. This will be a highly motivated individual with strong communications and journalism skills, including a strong understanding of the Latin American media landscape. This position will support ISOC’s advocacy goals across the region and will contribute to our efforts to build a stronger Internet across Latin America.
This is a 2 year employment term.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with others to develop communications strategies and creative approaches that support project objectives, and that align with organizational priorities.
• Develop project-focused communications programs and drive the delivery of cross-channel communications initiatives that appropriately leverage a wide variety of channels, media, and online platforms.
• Effectively articulate and advance organizational objectives within and across Internet technical and policy communities
• Identify relevant audiences for project-led communications, and devise approaches for using audience engagement to drive toward project outcomes.
• In collaboration with the corporate communications team, develop and manage specific tactics as part of the communications programs, such as media outreach, social media campaigns, as well as photography, video, and other graphical asset development
• Coordinate across the organization to use the Internet Society website, social media channels, and other communications tools and resources
• Develop measurement criteria to evaluate communications programs and incorporate changes into the communications programs based upon measurement results
• Manage and lead multiple projects and deadlines when required
• Reflect a global outlook and approach in all work
• Undertake the writing and editing of materials such a blogs, stories, fact sheets, press releases, and reports
Desired Qualifications and Expertise
• At least 5-7 years of communications experience
• Strong interest in and understanding of Internet technology and policy issues
• Product marketing experience in the technology sector and/or demonstrable technical knowledge preferred.
• Significant experience working with Internet technical and policy communities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaborate as part of a globally distributed team
• Fluency in Spanish and English. Proficiency in Portuguese desired.
• Proficient Spanish and English writing and editing skills
• Facility with Internet-based tools
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
• Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
• Ability to travel as needed
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.
Interested applicants please submit CV and Cover letter in English.
Apply at: https://internetsociety.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=123