|Organization Name||:||Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Short-Term Technical Advisor, Stakeholder Dialogue Specialist (Tirana, Albania)
Reports To: Assessment Team Lead (Tirana, Albania) and to Regional Director for Europe and Eurasia (Washington, DC
To assist the continued effort of the government of Albania to counteract official corruption; implement reforms to strengthen transparency and rule-of-law; and rebuild Albanian citizens’ confidence in their democracy, USAID plans to establish the Transparency Academy, a viable, independent body. The Transparency Academy will serve as a convening place for the public and private sectors and civil society to exchange information and ideas on how to build governmental accountability, transparency, and responsiveness to citizens.
The Academy will serve as a facilitator of improved transparency and accountability by public institutions to all citizens, bringing the private sector and government institutions together to meaningfully engage with citizens and citizen groups.
CIPE is seeking to recruit a Stakeholder Dialogue Specialist to join our larger team to conduct a comprehensive assessment intended to lay the groundwork for the informed and consensus-based establishment and operationalization of the Academy in the subsequent implementation phase.
All specialists on the team will jointly conduct stakeholder mapping and research and analysis based on a newly developed methodology specifically designed for this project. The assessment will have three complementary objectives: 1) to identify public and private sector processes vulnerable to corruption and the incentives underpinning these vulnerabilities; 2) to determine any gaps in anti-corruption and transparency work or entry points that the Academy could fill, as well as any risks and opportunities for the Academy’s establishment; and 3) develop the legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for establishing, structuring, operating, and ensuring the sustainability of the Academy as an accountable and transparent organization.
The assessment will take into consideration historical and institutional challenges entrenched in Albania, as well as how engagement of different stakeholders can contribute to shifting norms around transparency, accountability, and corruption and change. The review of the existing reports and various documents generated by other organizations will serve as a foundation for the assessment as will the research of the country-context, local regulatory framework, and relevant international standards.
This position is contingent upon availability of funding. CIPE plans to engage the specialist for 12 days through mid-December 2020.
The Stakeholder Dialogue Specialist will be a locally based position to focus on opportunities for dialogue among government, the private sector, NGOs, and youth to achieve consensus on actions intended to improve transparency and accountability in Albania.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In close coordination with other members of the assessment team, the specialist will be responsible to:
• Serve as a member of the assessment team with assigned roles and responsibilities designated by the team lead;
• Conduct topical research and analysis on challenges, gaps, and opportunities for stakeholder engagement (public-private dialogue) on transparency, accountability, and anti-corruption among government, the private sector, NGOs, and youth to achieve consensus on actions intended to improve these areas in Albania;
• Conduct the associated stakeholder mapping;
• Contribute to the development of stakeholder interview questionnaires;
• Participate in the interviews, as needed;
• Develop a report, including integrated summary of findings with guidance from and in close coordination with other team members and CIPE;
• Contribute to the overall assessment team report, as needed;
• Identify public outreach opportunities for the assessment team and donor, including arranging and facilitating such outreach, as needed;
• Draft and finalize meeting reports;
• Develop and deliver presentation(s) for the donor and relevant stakeholders on as needed basis on results of the assessment related to stakeholder engagement;
• Advise on the design of project activities that the future Academy will implement, based on the overall assessment findings;
The specialist will provide the following deliverables:
• Meeting notes and reports from conducted meetings;
• Research and a report on stakeholder engagement (public-private dialogue) challenges, gaps, and opportunities Albania, including the role of the Academy regarding such dialogue on transparency, accountability, and anti-corruption in Albania;
• Recommendations for public outreach and corresponding materials for external communication;
• Presentation(s) for the donor and relevant stakeholders, as needed;
• Recommendations on further project design and development.
• University education or higher in a related field;
• At least eight years of experience in public and private sector, and civil society engagement and dialogue;
• Knowledge of and background in understanding of the local regulations related to stakeholder engagement (public-private dialogue) and international standards for such engagement, specifically in the areas of transparency, accountability, and anti-corruption;
• Established relationship with main stakeholders, including from the public and private sectors, and civil society in Albania;
• Excellent English-language written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter, one writing sample (in English), and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “STTASDS-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to analyze information are preferred. Applications submitted without a writing sample will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Email id: mhrvolova(at)cipe.org