|Organization Name||:||NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency|
|Location||:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Deadline: Aug 31 2020
Duty Station: Johannesburg, South Africa
Supervisor: Director of Operations
AUDA-NEPAD invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the position of Head of Information System Management.
The Head of Information System Management (ICT), provides managerial support to the division, including administrative oversight, while ensuring that its predefined strategies and policies are executed effectively and following up on relevant activities and is responsible for the coordination of Network, System and telecommunication infrastructure and Service desk.
A. Required Skills and Competencies
• Extensive knowledge of the IT and telecommunication polices, structure and strategy.
• Excellent knowledge of a range of computer hardware and software technologies.
• Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting of Servers, Workstations/PCs, Printers, Stabilizers, UPSs, Scanners, and other Communication Equipment.
• Excellent oral, writing and editing skills.
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
• High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
• Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
• Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
• Sound analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
B. Qualifications and Experience
• Candidates must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field and eight (8) years of relevant work experience OR, a Bachelor’s degree in the specified fields and twelve (12) years of similar experience at an international level in external relations, marketing communications and public relations or related area of which seven (7) years should be at a specialist/expert level. Certification in ICT, Project Management, IT Governance and Security (CCNA, CCNP, PMP, AGILE, ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF, CEH, CND, CHFI, CISSP) will be an added advantage.
• Candidates must have progressive professional experience in the field of ICT, including international and supervisory experience in Information Technology and Hardware Management and Maintenance.
C. APPLICATIONS should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11.5: To apply, please submit the following:
• A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the African Union Development Agency
• A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender
• Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses
• Certified copies of degrees and diplomas
• A recent performance evaluation report (for internal candidates only).
D. REMUNERATION: An Indicative basic salary of US$42,879.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($24,561.84) per annum), pension (19% of basic salary), medical aid and life and accident insurance in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Full Description: https://nepad.org/sites/default/files/Careerfile/Head%20of%20Information%20System%20Management.pdf
APPLICATIONS must be received not later than Monday, 31 August 2020 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
P O Box 1234; Halfway House; Midrand, 1685
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: hr(at)nepad.org