|Organization Name||:||Relief International|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Disability and Inclusion Trainer
Position Location: Middle East - Jordan
Position: Disability and Inclusion Trainer
Location: Remote training to teams in Amman and in Syria
Reports to: Protection Programme Director and Protection Programme Manager
Duration: 23 Working days
Scope of Work: During the Contracting Period, Contractor shall provide the following services to Relief International:
]RI is currently implementing a protection programme inside Syria focusing on GBV prevention and response. The trainer will train the RI protection team based in Amman and inside Syria to build their capacity and incorporate inclusive approaches and tools to improve quality of support to people with disabilities. More specifically, the Trainer will be in charge of developing and delivering a ToT to RI Protection Technical Team based in Amman and a more basic training to field teams inside Syria, as well as conduct an assessment of current Protection centers (WGSS and mobile protection units spaces) and design an action plan to ensure that they can become more inclusive.
In line with the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and with the Agenda 2030, as well as incorporating the aim to ensure meaningful access to all served populations in humanitarian responses, the purpose of this collaboration is to identify and overcome the gaps in terms of technical capacity and skills to respond to the needs of women and girls with disabilities at risk or survivors of GBV incidents and contribute to draft an initial action plan to address the gaps of the protection programme and its protection centers
Provide disability inclusion advice and capacity building (85%)
• Support RI to assess their disability & inclusion capacity in the WGSS and mobile protection units’ spaces
• Strengthen the disability inclusion capacity of RI Technical Team through the provision of a training of trainers (ToT) to Amman-based Technical team
• Develop of a remote training toolkit on disability and inclusion in WGSS and GBV programming to be used for field staff
• Provide remote training to protection field staff inside Syria (average of 4 trainings)
• Based on the assessment and trainings with field staff, provide recommendations on a capacity building plan of team as well as specific advice on how to ensure disability inclusion in the protection centers and their activities.
Contribute to the development of an evidence base approach for disability inclusion (15%)
• Recommend specific IEC materials for GBV Awareness Raising Sessions for persons with disabilities, including handouts and articles if available
• The final report should include also recommendations on best practices in the documentation of case studies, resource library of tools focusing on GBV and disability inclusion, and lessons learned
Interested applicants should submit their application and should include the financial proposal covering full cost associated with the training, such as but not limited to training materials and tools, translation services or any cost associated to achieve the deliverables.
This document describes the general nature of the Contracting Services Contractor agrees to perform during the Term of this Agreement. It is not a comprehensive list of services Contractor may be requested to perform for Relief International.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
• Transparency and Accountability
• Agility and Innovation