|Organization Name||:||Charter Cities Institute|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Head of Development will work with the Executive Director to develop and execute on a fundraising strategy. Their responsibilities will include formulating a fundraising strategy, identifying potential donors, reaching out to potential supporters, maintaining relationships with new and current donors, planning events to bring donors together, hiring additional development staff. The Charter Cities Institute is a small team so the Head of Development will need to be comfortable contributing to a wide variety of activities.
**Responsibilities of Head of Development**
- Develop a 5 year fundraising strategy, and identify which high net worth individuals and foundations to target and the timeline for bringing them on board. This includes strategies to get in contact with those individuals and foundations.
- Reach out to those individuals and foundations to assess their interest in contributing to the Charter Cities Institute.
- Communicate the progress we are making with our current donors by writing reports, meeting in person, etc.
- Organize events for our current and future donors to build a sense of community. We are building a charter cities movement, and it's important to ensure donors feel part of that movement and that they're contributing to something great.
- Hire and manage additional development professionals as needed to grow the team.
- Keep detailed notes about meetings, conversations, etc, to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years development experience
- Familiarity with international development (and related funding sources)
- Helped build a fundraising department from scratch
- Experience attracting major gifts
- Strong communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial ability and interest in figuring out solutions to new challenges
- Strong presentation skills
- Passion for charter cities
- Ability to travel
The Charter Cities Institute expects colleagues to work hard, including some nights and weekends when necessary, not because you have to, but because you're passionate about charter cities and making the world a better place. We enjoy tackling big challenges and figuring out new problems. and recognize that it takes hard work to build something great.
The Charter Cities Institute greatly values our office culture. Our staff is intellectually curious and enjoys exploring a wide variety of topics, not all of which are directly related to charter cities. We're a small team, so we frequently go out to lunch as a group, and get drinks together a handful of times per month (though this is not required). Candidates should feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
The role is for a full time position. The Charter Cities Institute offers health and dental insurance. Please send a cover letter and resume to Emmanuel@cci.city.
Job Email id: Emmanuel(at)cci.city