|Organization Name||:||Terre des Hommes|
|Location||:||Papua New Guinea|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Time limit: Recruitment is open until the position is filled
Terms and conditions
Expatriation contract according to Swiss regulations 2,950 CHF (~ 2,550 €) <> 4,300 CHF (~ 3,700 €) net / month according to experience x 13 times, Leave: 25 days of annual leave , accommodation and transport, health insurance, accident insurance and medical repatriation. Duration: 06 months
In close collaboration with the Head of Delegation (CDD), the Covid 19 project manager manages the implementation and overall operation of the Covid 19 response. The Covid 19 project manager will work in collaboration direct with mission staff and will interface directly with the CDD. He / she will have direct access to confidential information, such as Tdh's general strategy in Guinea, including field programming objectives, financial details and security guidelines.
Program strategy and planning
• Coordinates the C-19 operational implementation program in accordance with Tdh and donor standards.
• In collaboration with the country's representative, ensures the smooth running of the C-19 project and respect for the objectives.
• Ensures the representation of the C-19 project with stakeholders in the intervention areas in conjunction with the component coordinators.
Project Cycle Management
• Ensures that all programming and M / E tools are developed to guarantee the completion of the project in accordance with the validated proposal.
• Ensure that the project is fully implemented in accordance with the approved proposal and in compliance with partner commitments (activities, quality / standards, indicators, deadlines);
• Maintain an effective monitoring and planning system linked to the monitoring / evaluation officer
• Coordinate reports on C-19 programs, ensure that lessons learned are documented to feed into reports and program development;
• Ensure that Tdh and international quality standards for humanitarian action are respected throughout the project management cycle;
• Provide technical support in the area of emergency response to the regular team
• Ensure that gender equality, protection and environmental impact are mainstreamed in all activities under direct responsibility.
Reports / communication:
• Establishes and maintains relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitors applicable regulations
• Participates in meetings relating to C-19, represents Tdh on request and / or on order
• Ensures high and regular communication with the representative of the country to report any problem, delay, external event that would prevent the usual operation from taking place / from being on the right track
• Coordinate and produce the necessary reports and submit them to the country representative (director)
Staff supervision C-19
• Supervise the coordinators of the different components and the M / E managers
• Supervise the team under his direct responsibility to ensure effective and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities and their understanding of the expected results of the program;
• Supervise the recruitment of staff necessary for the implementation of the C-19 project
• Ensures the implementation of security procedures and the safety of Tdh employees in its base
• Be sure to report any incident to the country representative and develop an appropriate plan to respond to the changing security environment
• Complies with Tdh's security procedures in Guinea and checks with the logistician the state of preparation for compliance with these procedures.
• 5 years of experience in the management of humanitarian projects including at least one year in the management of a project on epidemics with risk communication management activities
• Prior experience with an NGO is compulsory
• Prior emergency response experience is required
• In-depth knowledge of project cycle management in the humanitarian sector
• Knowledge of the West African context would be a definite advantage
• Mastering French
• Professional experience desired in the area of emergency project coordination
• Strong capacity in community mobilization.
• Capacity building experience is an asset
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the main Swiss aid organization for children. Since 1960, Tdh has contributed to building a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities, by creating an impact through innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects that improve the daily lives of more than 3 million children and their families, in the health fields , protection and emergency aid. This commitment is funded by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum. Tdh-Lausanne is currently implementing a large-scale emergency response linked to the Covid-19 pandemic in Guinea, mainly in the N 'axes Zérékoré and Conakry-Koundara. The main activities of the project relate to the coordination of the health response at the level of the target prefectures, the reinforcement of the capacities of the medical personnel and the sensitization of the population on the pandemic.
Years of professional experience required: 5-10 years
Years of NGO experience required: 2-5 years
level of studies: Master
Apply at: https://www.tdh.ch/fr/emplois/chef-fe-projet-covid-19