|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Accounting Supervisor, DC is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the DC Finance Office, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, corporate policies, legal and regulatory requirements, and professional standards. The position oversees and performs functions related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, the financial administration of employee benefit plans and General Ledger maintenance and reconciliation. Supervises DC Office Accounts Payable staff.
• Ensures the integrity and completeness of General Ledger.
1. Prepares, enters and reviews journal entries in cooperation with the Senior Accountant.
2. Responsible for ensuring the entry of all regular monthly journals to meet month end closing deadlines.
3. Maintains and reviews detailed subsidiary account ledgers to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and balances are correctly classified.
4. Prepares regular and ad hoc reconciliation reports of GL accounts in cooperation with the Senior Accountant and identifies inconsistencies; proposes corrective action.
• Manages Accounts Payable
1. Supervises Accounts Payable Accountant
2. Responsible for accuracy and completeness of bi-weekly payment processing.
3. Oversight of monthly purchase card reporting, payment and reconciliation.
4. Review of DC staff travel expense reports.
5. Review of HR related billings and assigns for processing.
6. Responsible for ensuring transactions have appropriate documentation and approval.
7. Oversight of proper vetting of vendors in accordance with SAM and OFAC requirements.
8. Oversight of vendor files, ensuring Forms W9 and W8 are on file as required.
9. Oversee the preparation and distribution of annual 1099s.
10. Approve payment in absence of Comptroller.
11. Approval of employee travel expense reports.
• Responsible for Accounts Receivable
1. Monitors and reports on receivables.
2. Prepares journal to post income and fund transfers in the GL.
3. Supervises bank deposit remittances.
• Administration of bank accounts
1. Downloads and reconciles monthly bank statements for US bank accounts.
2. Monitors cash balances and updates outstanding check log.
3. Reviews and approves VEBA Trust related transfer requests.
4. Initiate inter-bank transfers, as needed.
• Recommend and maintain effective internal controls and procedures in collaboration with the Comptroller.
• Respond to financial inquiries from staff.
• Approve payroll in absence of the Comptroller.
• Liaises between Washington Accounting Department and overseas accounting staff in matters relating to inter-office transactions, accounting policies and procedures, and other financial matters relating to the day-to-day opearations of the U.S. offices.
• Assists with coordinating fiscal year-end audit for U.S. accounting.
• Prepares audit schedules as needed.
• Prepares annual report for Moscow bureau related payments ("Act of transfer of expenses").
• Assist in the preparation of various regulatory reports including Form 990.
• Complete other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management or Finance.
• Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience with progressive responsibilities encompassing A/P, General Ledger, transaction analysis, and financial analysis.
• Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
• Familiarity with a multi-office, multi-national organizational environment.
• Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
• Experience handling confidential, sensitive data and issues with a high degree of discretion.
• International non-profit accounting experience preferred.
• Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills.
• Solid computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel.
• PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff and vendors at all levels as well as ability to work independently and as member of a team.
• Proficiency in English
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. If selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include locality pay for employees based in Washington D.C.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Apply at: https://apply.teamio.com/public/respond?vacancy=1461284898&rps=202