|Organization Name||:||International Legal Foundation|
|Location||:||New York, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The International Legal Foundation (ILF) is hiring a Budget Analyst in its New York headquarters. This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance professional who wants to join a leading international human rights organization. The Budget Analyst will be a key member of the ILF’s finance team, providing critical support to the Finance Director in the management of the organizational budget and forecasting processes. He/she/they will also work closely with the ILF’s finance and program staff around the world to provide budget support, analysis and monitoring.
• Assisting with the organization-wide annual budget preparation and forecast process.
• Review and ensure compliance with donor budgets and award documentation.
• Perform grant-related pre- and post-award functions, including preparation of budget proposals, budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing for grants, financial reporting, reconciliations, budget modifications and extensions, and grant closeouts functions on a program-by-program basis and consolidated. Prepare budgets based on donor specifications and program targets. Program budgets to be prepared for the tenor of each grant in consultation with the Finance Director, Executive Director, and project teams.
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and for ongoing maintenance and variance analysis.
1. Prepare budgets for funding applications for submission to potential donors (U.S. Federal government, foreign government, private foundations and multilateral donors);
2. Maintain accurate budget vs. actual reports for all funding sources and explain material variances for each project on a monthly basis;
3. Produce expense reports in Excel for donors, and coordinate with the implementation / project teams and the finance department.
4. Ensure accurate and timely financial statements are prepared and submitted in accordance with agreements with donors on a quarterly basis; ensure financial reports submitted to donors match Fund E-Z general ledger and that variances are explained;
• Coordinate with program teams to forecast future spending based on new or changed funding sources for specific programs on a monthly basis.
• Design tools to aid program staff in managing their budgets, processing payments, tracking the corresponding expenses, and ensuring compliance with any specific grants.
• Maintain regular contact with program teams for assistance in the budgeting process and monthly variance descriptions based on each program’s individual budget.
• Assist Finance Director in year-over-year and budget-to-actual variance analysis and reporting for internal tracking and for the ILF Board of Directors.
• Strong commitment to the ILF’s mission and values.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of non-profit financial accounting experience.
• Experience with fund accounting systems or proven ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong computer skills, high proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Word and Excel required).
• High proficiency with automated accounting systems (Fund E-Z preferred).
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well with a diverse team.
• Willingness to travel internationally as needed.
Kindly submit a resume and cover letter to HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
About the ILF
Every day, millions of people are trapped in jails around the world because they cannot afford a defense lawyer. The ILF is a non-profit organization founded to address this global crisis in access to justice. For nearly two decades, the ILF has fought to guarantee high-quality legal representation for everyone arrested or detained. Around the world, we provide quality criminal defense services and build sustainable, effective legal aid institutions. Currently, we provide direct legal services in Afghanistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Palestine and Tunisia and offer technical assistance worldwide.
The International Legal Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, orientations, experiences and communities to apply.
Job Email id: jobs(at)theilf.org