|Organization Name||:||International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Vacancy Announcement VA19P109V01
Associate Resources Management Officer
Posting Date: 30th September 2019
Deadline for Applications: 15th October 2019
Duty Station: Valletta, Malta
Start Date: 1st December 2019
Contract Duration: 24 months
Type of Post: International
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The Associate Resources Management Officer is responsible for the monitoring of allotments and control of financial expenditures project budgets, being responsible for accurate utilisation of financial resources in line with established rules and donor contracts. S/he verifies and certifies payments under the Financial Regulations of ICMPD. The Associate Resources Management Officer supports formulation of project budgets and budget revisions. S/he validates and verifies correctness of recording of project expenditures and checks and validates financial reports from project partners. The Associate Resources Management Officer provides inputs to financial reporting to donors.
The Associate Resources Management Officer works in close collaboration with members of the CRM Team, with the Project Teams as well as the Finance Officers. S/he trains and advices ICMPD staff and staff of partner institutions on ICMPD financial rules and procedures. S/he works under the supervision of the Regional Resources Management Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Budget Implementation, Monitoring and Expenditure Control:
• Assist in the certifying of project expenditures across portfolios;
• Review correctness of project expenditures;
• Verify financial reports from partners, field offices, cash expenditure reports (CER) from staff, and validate supporting documents for correctness and completeness;
• Review supporting documents attached to claims, invoices and requests for payment submitted by project partners, staff, consultants and suppliers/ service providers;
• Monitor submission and verify completeness and correctness of timesheets by ICMPD staff, follow up on deadlines, correct formula;
• Provide ongoing advice and support on timesheets submission and staff allocation issues to staff members;
• Update staff allocation data in SAP in line with staff allocation procedure; Train ICMPD staff on rules, procedures and requirements;
• Assist in the development of processes and procedures, identify and report inconsistencies and weaknesses;
• Assist in planning and implementation of systems, tools and processes.
2. Financial Reporting and Support to Audit:
• Prepare template, analyze financial data and prepare draft financial reports to donors in compliance with donor formats and agreements;
• Compile supporting documents for financial reports as per donor requirements;
• Maintains projects files and uploads documents in SAP.
3. Support to Budget Formulation:
• Prepare budget templates and forms;
• Check draft budgets for correctness of formula and adherence to the provided pro-forma rates and budgetary instructions;
• Upload approved budgets and budget revisions into SAP.
4. Support to Administrative Processes and Controls:
• Support management of expert contracts by monitoring submissions. Implement documents management;
• Assist in procurement process. Prepare documents for tender dossier, support evaluation process, monitor completeness of supplier evaluation forms.
• Provide support to travel process;
• Assists the Head of CRM in unit administrative activities.
• Support to implementation of ICMPD business processes provided in timely and accurate manner;
• Consistent, accurate and timely support provided to RMOs for processing of invoices and claims in accordance with ICMPD regulations and established procedures;
• Financial reports, including supporting documents, are prepared accurately according to donor schedules and formats and in line with ICMPD financial regulations;
• Timely and qualitative support provided to implementation of administrative processes within the CRM function.
• A minimum of 1 year of position-relevant experience in financial management of projects and programmes and/or audit;
• Knowledge of programme management procedures and rules of EC/ national administrations and/ or international organisations including procurement, budgeting and financial management;
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); Knowledge of SAP or other ERP-systems would be an asset;
• Good organizational and analytical skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines;
• Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required;
• Excellent oral and written command of English and French. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset;
• Experience in international organisations would be an asset.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensation package. This position is classified at IP1 grade, with an annual net-base salary starting at EUR 35,484. Additional benefits include participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund, Health and Accident Insurance, six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, dependent’s and mobility allowances.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies
by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment.
This position may entail frequent travel to high risk areas at short notice for the execution of the tasks and duties, which may warrant adherence to security protocols, and/or health procedures.