|Organization Name||:||International Bureau for Children's Rights|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Feb 2023, 05:01 am|
|Closing Date||:||03 Mar 2023, 12:00 am|
Under the direct responsibility of the Operations and Development Department, the Operations Coordination's main mandate is to coordinate the launch, implementation and closing of the projects in its portfolio (2 to 3 projects, depending on geographical distribution between the different coordination units), ensuring compliance with deadlines, budgets, programmatic strategy, approaches, procedures and policies of the Office, as well as donor requirements. The coordination of operations also ensures the management of the heads of project offices or project managers, the coordination of the reporting of its projects and the representation with donors. Finally, the coordination of operations contributes to defining the operational vision of the organization and to identifying the opportunities and threats for the development of the organization within its geographical area. The coordination of operations will be required to travel three to four times a year to the countries where its projects are located.
Coordination of operations within the framework of Office projects
• Under the supervision of the operations and development department, regularly exchange and share experiences and lessons learned from the implementation of projects with the entire team of the operations and development department, to ensure a transversal vision of all the projects implemented by the Office and contribute to the definition of the operational strategy of the Office
• Apply and contribute to updating the Bureau's harmonized procedures and tools for coordinating operations and ensure the training and upgrading of project office managers or project managers on this operational culture from the office
• Under the supervision of the Operations and Development Department, ensure regular exchanges and official communication with project donors
• Under the supervision of the Operations and Development Department, ensure the construction and finalization of Project Implementation Plans (PMOs), on time, in accordance with Contribution Agreements, coordinating contributions from other departments and , if at stake, inform the operations and development department
• Ensure the implementation of the opening and launching phase of the projects, within the deadlines granted by the donors, in compliance with the internal procedures of the Office, by coordinating the contributions of the other departments and, if at stake, informing the operations and development department
• Validate annual project work plans (PTA), on time, by coordinating and supporting the work of project office managers or project managers, ensuring compliance with budgets, deadlines, donor policies and procedures, programmatic approaches, Office administrative, HR, security and financial policies and procedures
• Supervise and support the work of project office managers or project managers, responsible for the implementation (delivery) of annual project work plans
• Ensure that cross-functional project budget monitoring meetings (once a month) and multi-departmental coordination meetings (once a quarter) are held and participate in them.
• Initiate other multi-departmental coordination meetings as needed (programs, security, admin, HR, …)
• Ensure that the quantitative documentation of progress made in terms of activities (numbers, durations, periods, people participating, programs, etc.), outputs and scope of projects (direct and indirect beneficiaries) is archived and support the project office managers or project managers
• Under the supervision of the Operations and Development Department, ensure the construction and finalization of a quality report, half-yearly and annually, of the operations and the results achieved by the projects, in accordance with the expectations and deadlines of the donors, and coordinating contributions from other departments
• Report to the operations and development department any internal issue, any opportunity or any anomaly related to compliance with PMOs, PTAs and the implementation of projects, suggest courses of action and, if necessary, disseminate and ensure the correct application of the decisions and arbitrations taken by the management
• Approve provisional budgets, cash requests and purchase requests within the framework of projects, ensuring strict compliance with the administrative and financial procedures of the Office
• Carry out project monitoring visits (twice a year per project) and coordinate the schedule of missions of colleagues from headquarters and/or donors
• Supervise and support the work of project office managers or project managers, for the preparation of meetings of project governance bodies and officially represent the Office there
• Ensure the coordination of the implementation of the disengagement and closure phase of the projects, within the deadlines granted by the donors, in compliance with the internal procedures of the Office, by coordinating the contributions of the other departments and, if at stake, inform the operations and development department
Team management component
• Ensure the hiring, supervision and evaluation of project office managers or project managers under his/her responsibility, in compliance with the Office's HR policies
• Contribute to the hiring and supervision of international consultants assigned to projects, and validate the expected deliverables
• Ensure that project office managers or project managers master donor procedures, the operational vision, programmatic positioning, administrative, HR, security and financial policies and procedures of the Office , and have the ability to ensure compliance and implementation by project teams
• Supervise and support the work of project office managers or project managers in the work of recruiting, supervising and managing their project team
• Ensure and lead regular team meetings to ensure the optimal implementation of projects
• Ensure efficient collaboration between the project teams and the teams at headquarters and, if at stake, inform the operations and development department
Networking component and development of the Bureau's project portfolio
• In collaboration with the Senior Advisor for Operations, Development and Partnerships, help identify, for the geographic region of its project portfolio, opportunities and threats for the development of the organization
• In collaboration with the Senior Advisor for Operations, Development and Partnerships, contribute to developing, for the geographic region of his project portfolio, a network of actors in the development sector, in particular donors, partners, representatives government or other relevant agencies in the region
• In collaboration with the Senior Operations, Development and Partnerships Advisor, contribute to building concept notes and project proposals, for the geographic region of his/her project portfolio
Office communication and representation
• Contribute, when requested by the Operations and Development Department, to the development and updating of the organization's strategic plan, policies, strategies, procedures and tools
• Contribute to the writing of the official annual report of the Office, when requested by the Operations and Development, in particular by writing the operational results achieved by the projects
• Represent the Office with external interlocutors, when requested by the operations and development department, in particular with project donors
• Actively and positively participate in Board meetings, including Operations and Development leadership team meetings
• Actively and positively participate in Office events, including team retreats and external events
• Advanced university degree in international development, management, social sciences or related field.
• 5 years of significant work experience, particularly in the field, including at least 3 years in project management
• Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
• Excellent knowledge of the stages of the project management cycle
• Knowledge of Results Based Management (RBM)
• Good knowledge of the NGO community and international cooperation.
• Knowledge of donors, including Global Affairs Canada, UNICEF and others
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 suite
• Availability to travel in Canada and abroad (25% of working time).
• Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish.
• Knowledge of the human rights sector
• Experience managing capacity building projects or programs
• Experience working in a cross-cultural context or in developing countries
• Good judgment and great autonomy
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good people management skills and ability to work in a team
• Recognized coordination skills, leadership and capacity for innovation (creativity)
• Good ability to identify priorities and manage change
• Good capacity for organization, analysis and synthesis
• Dynamism, interpersonal skills and proactivity
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to adopt a flexible schedule as needed
• Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to apply
To be considered, your application must include:
A cover letter
Full contact details for three recent references
The completed recruitment form, available on our website: https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibcr.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F08%2FRH_Formulaire-de-recrutement_2021.docx&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK
Send your file to the address email@example.com for the attention of human resources.
The International Bureau for Children's Rights thanks you for your interest in joining the team and will contact you if your application is successful.
Job Email id: rh(at)ibcr.org