|Organization Name||:||Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC)|
|Location||:||Remote, Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Nov 2022, 07:35 am|
|Closing Date||:||08 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
OSINT Investigator (Consultant)
LOCATION: Global (Remote)
About the Consultancy:
SJAC is seeking consultants to join its Data Analysis team to process and analyze documentation of violations by all sides of the conflict. The Investigator will use his or her expertise to watch, organize, and analyze documentation of human rights violations in Syria (such as videos, photographs, written documents, etc.) They will also perform in-depth analysis of groups of open source documentation and use OSINT tools to verify and investigate incidents of war crimes or human rights violations.
Documentation will be labeled and stored within a special database using SJAC’s methodology. OSINT Investigations may work hours on their own schedule and work with SJAC to determine target numbers of hours each quarter. Investigators, however, should be available for pre-scheduled meetings on a weekly basis.
Agreements will be made for a base period of one year with two option extension periods of one year each. Extension will be offered based on satisfactory work performance.
• Process pieces of documentation into the SJAC database;
• Review content (videos, pictures, reports, sound files, etc.) and extract information for use in analysis;
• Piece together evidence in SJAC’s database to investigate incidents of alleged war crimes or human rights violations, and assist in writing reports on these investigations;
• Collaborate with team members to address issues and report on system bugs;
• Accurately tag and label different pieces of information in the database according to SJAC’s guidelines, methodology, and standards;
• Identify problematic areas and gaps in data and report to supervisors;
• Understand the context and background in which the content was created;
• Be able to aggregate different pieces of information into groups and categories;
• Work with other team members to address and resolve complex issues encountered during analysis;
• Participate in regular team calls, and collaborate using online teamwork tools;
• Perform other tasks as needed.
• Proficiency in Arabic (spoken and written) and English (especially written) are musts;
• Knowledge of Syria and the Syrian conflict required (including Syrian Arabic dialects);
• Previous experience working on open source investigations;
• Willingness to watch and handle very graphic content;
• Proficiency with OSINT tools, software and online user interfaces.
How to apply
Please send an email with the subject line “OSINT Investigator” to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. In the cover letter please describe your interest in the position, relevant background, and your availability. Applicants are encouraged to submit before February 23, 2022, but applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain on SJAC’s website until all consultancies are filled.
Job Email id: hiring(at)syriaaccountability.org