|Organization Name||:||Eurasia Foundation|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Aug 2022, 10:57 am|
|Closing Date||:||04 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance reform and civil society development, is accepting applications for an Procurement Officer for the USAID and UK aid funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) activity.
The purpose of TAPAS is to financially support Ukrainian citizens and the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to reduce or eliminate corruption in key public administration functions and services and build trust of Ukrainians in their government based on demonstrated transparency, accountability and improved services. The activity focuses on three areas: 1) large scale use of electronic procurement in Ukraine; 2) an effective Open Data program; and 3) transparent and efficient public services in the form of eServices. More about TAPAS activity: www.tapas.org.ua
The Procurement Officer supports the administration of the full cycle of the procurement process, which includes but not limited to, support for the Rapid Response Fund (RRF) grants awarded through TAPAS, as well as contracting short- and long-term consultants and service vendors.
• Maintain an orderly and complete filing system for all grants and contracts files, ensure accurate database maintenance
• Provide administration of the full cycle of all procurements starting with call announcement, pre-award assessments, direct technical assistance to grantees and close-out procedures
• Together with technical staff, prepare documentation for the publication of competitive procurement tenders
• Prepare procurement selection memoranda and donor approval requests
• Cooperate and coordinate closely with program beneficiaries during the preparation, evaluation, and award stages of the procurement process
• Coordinate with program staff in order to draft, review and edit contracts for short- and long-term consultants as well as service vendors
• Provide risk management advice and take the lead in any disputes concerning contractual issues
• Coordinate contract agreements, ensure implementation in line with the agreed schedule, monitor service providers and the submission of deliverables, and review financial reports
• Prepare payment requests and acts of acceptance, other required documentation
• Verify items billed against items ordered and reconcile differences through follow-up with third-party vendors
• In coordination with the Senior Grants & Contracts Manager and Senior Finance Manager, analyze grant narrative and financial reports to ensure compliance with EF procurement rules & policies and donor requirements
• Participate in negotiations with vendors, consult and advise, prepare memoranda summarizing negotiations
• Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager in maintaining the database of procurement purchase requests and preparing monthly/quarterly installment projections
• Assist in preparation of TAPAS annual, quarterly and other ad hoc reports as required
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, law, economics or a related field required, Master's degree preferred.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in procurement and contract administration; training or work experience with grants management a plus
• Proven experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts/agreements
• Familiarity with USAID contracts and grants management policies and procedures is desirable, but experience with other donor-funded projects will be considered
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated proficiency with the MS 365 suite of applications, including Excel a must; previous experience with grant management databases a plus
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required
• Ability to work independently, handle complex assignments and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, vendors and partners
• Ukrainian and English writing and spoken proficiency required.
Apply at: https://www.eurasia.org/careers/9200238323411_1/