|Organization Name||:||Damnok Toek (DT)|
|Location||:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Aug 2022, 10:50 am|
|Closing Date||:||09 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Position Title: Capitalization and Research Consultant
Duty Station: Phnom Penh with weekly trips to Neak Loeung (Prey Veng Province)
Job Duration: 6 to 8 Months
Report to: Disability Technical Advisor
Deadline for Application: August 26th, 2022
1. BRIEF BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Damnok Toek (DT) is a local NGO working in Cambodia since 1997 with the aim of supporting vulnerable children such as street children, children with disabilities, and children victims or at-risk of trafficking/unsafe migration. Damnok Toek has projects in Poipet, Neak Loeung, and Kep.
Damnok Toek (DT) has been working with alternative care services for children with disabilities (CWD) in Neak Loeung, Prey Veng Province, since 2016. In 2021, DT’s Small Group Homes (SGH) have undergone a major renovation with the intention of getting its concept more distant from a Residential Care Institution (RCI) and closer to an acceptable and internationally recognized form of alternative care.
The process has been very successful and DT now needs to document the changes as well as put this alternative care model in discussion with local and international partners and experts for the development of a document detailing the process that can then be used as a base for the development of guidelines on the implementation of SGHs for CWD in Cambodia.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The main objectives of this consultancy are the following:
• To collect all information from the development of the SGHs in 2021 and 2022 and analyse, alongside consultancy and feedback from partners and international experts, the implementation process of the project.
• Write a full report on DT’s SGH implementation process.
• Write draft guidelines for the implementation of SGHs for CWD in Cambodia.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
• Compile all existing information and documents (birth certificates, medical history, family information, past referrals, former tentative placements in foster/kinship care, etc.) from all beneficiaries from DT Small Group Homes.
• Participate and assist on consulting visits from local and international partners.
• Participate and facilitate workshops and meetings with local and international partners.
• Write visit and workshop reports, reflections and outcomes.
• Write local and international partner meeting minutes.
• Compile and analyse all information from visits, workshops, and consulting meetings.
• Reflect on the implementation of DT Small Group Homes throughout the years 2021 and 2022.
• Document the process and reflection on the implementation of DT Small Group Homes and the transformation of the SGHs into a more family-like and community-based form of alternative care.
• Compile all feedback and changes to put together guidelines to create a completed document detailing the processes and procedures used for this project.
Apart from the responsibilities described in this job announcement, the consultant will need to deliver the following documents by the end of the working period:
• Comprehensive report and reflection on the implementation of DT SGHs for CWD, including feedback and suggestions collected from local and international experts.
• Draft guidelines and recommendations for the implementation of SGHs for CWD in Cambodia.
4. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Motivation to work for a grassroots organization
• Proven Experience in writing reports and documents
• Interest in Child Protection issues and projects supporting children with disabilities and alternative care systems
• Experience working with topics related to children with disabilities and alternative care systems preferred
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Fluent spoken and written Khmer appreciated
• Excellent communication, and writing skills, particularly for writing reports, documents, and guidelines
• Experience and interest in facilitating meetings, workshops, field visits, and other events
• Ability to work under pressure, plan and manage a high volume of work, and meet deadlines
• Flexibility and a good sense of humour
• Ability to work independently and be proactive
• Attention to detail for consistency
• Ability and willingness to weekly travel to Neak Loeung (Prey Veng Province)
How to apply
Please send your CV, a motivation letter and contacts for three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. International, as well as Cambodian residents, are invited to apply. This is a position within a local NGO with fair remuneration.
Job Email id: admin_hr(at)damnoktoek.org