|Organization Name||:||Fistula Foundation|
|Location||:||San Jose, California, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jun 2022, 05:26 am|
|Closing Date||:||08 Jul 2022, 12:00 am|
We are demonstrating to the world that a new approach to women’s health can change the trajectory of women’s life and have a profound impact on local communities. An estimated one million women in Africa and Asia suffer from obstetric fistula, a debilitating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent and, as a result, too often abandoned by her family and shunned by her community. Surgery is the only cure, which we deliver through partners in 26 countries across Africa and Asia. Since 2009, we have provided more than 65,000 life-transforming surgeries to women in need.
We combine the dynamism of a lean startup with the stability of a mature organization. Charity Navigator has given us a four-star rating for 16 consecutive years; Charity Watch lists us as one of only 34 Top Rated International Organizations; and GuideStar has awarded us Platinum Participant status, the highest designation available to charities. We have also earned the recognition of leaders such as Pulitzer Prize winner Nicholas Kristof, Grammy winner Paul Simon, and internationally renowned ethicist Peter Singer.
As the Program Associate, you will be responsible for supporting grantmaking, relationship management, and program operations to strengthen partnerships with our global network of fistula care providers, currently spanning 67 partners in 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. You will work in close collaboration with our Program Team in the US and Africa and will report to the Vice President of Programs.
The Program Associate will:
• Support Fistula Foundation grant partners to create and submit grant proposals, budgets, and required program compliance documents
• Together with the Program Manager, manage grants through their full lifecycle, including creating, maintaining, and updating electronic grant files according to Foundation requirements
• Generate award notifications, grant agreements, and grant reports according to Foundation guidelines.
• Set up budget expense templates and grant payment schedules and work with Fistula Foundation staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Support compilation, review, and dissemination of key performance indicators to highlight program outcomes and help guide process improvement
Relationship Management and Partnership Development
• Support a community of 65+ partner organizations and foster engagement, connection, and expansion of program activities
• Serve as point of contact for partners through timely review of correspondence and response to program-related inquiries
• Develop and maintain trust-based and productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholder organizations and individuals
• Collaborate with team members in ongoing learning and process improvement, incorporating external and internal feedback to continually improve how we do our work
• Together with the Program Manager, support the quarterly Grant Application Cycle process to compile grant packages for Grants Committee Review
• Coordinate logistics for stakeholder meetings and training webinars including drafting of agendas, preparing invitations, taking notes, facilitating, and follow-up
• Manage and maintain accurate contact information in a Salesforce database for Partner Organizations and Surgeon Network
• Assist with file management for Program Team
• Develop and maintain ongoing documentation on Fistula Foundation systems and processes
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
• Strong operations, project management, and administration skills and experience
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and dependability
• A track record of being able to meet tight, sometimes simultaneous deadlines with a keen ability to prioritize, adapt to changing needs, and partner with others to meet common goals
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders at all levels, in the US and globally
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and cultural sensitivity when relating to our global community
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to learn and become proficient with Foundation systems, e.g., Salesforce for grants management
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally for occasional conferences or grantee site visits
• Ability to work overtime when occasionally required, including early mornings or late evenings to accommodate global time zones of multiple partner organizations
• Curiosity about the workings of a successful nonprofit organization and an interest in pursuing opportunities to help it grow
• A collaborative outlook and an eagerness to learn from colleagues; a capacity for adapting quickly to new conditions, new assignments, and new deadlines; and a willingness to pitch in with tasks large and small
• A strong interest in advancing a cause related to women’s health, international development, or global poverty alleviation
• A minimum of 1-2 years of related project management, operations, and administration experience required
• Experience in or demonstrated interest in global health and sexual and reproductive health (desirable but not required)
• Experience in the nonprofit sector, experience in grantmaking processes and familiarity with best practices, either through a foundation or grantee perspective (desirable but not required)
• A graduate degree, such as a Masters in Public Health (MPH) (preferred but not required)
Benefits and Culture
The Fistula Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a 403b retirement plan (with a generous employer match), a subsidy for gym membership, and a generous vacation plan that begins in the first year of employment. We also offer a competitive salary that starts at $75,00-85,000 with the potential for performance-based bonuses and increases. Fistula Foundation Headquarters is based in San Jose, California. In summer 2022, the Foundation will institute a hybrid work model. The new Program Associate will be expected to work on-site two days a week to start.
Our team prioritizes initiative, productivity, and teamwork. We celebrate the successes of our team and our partners. We value creativity and passion for our mission, while encouraging our teammates to live healthy lives.
We believe that our work is enhanced by a diversity of thought and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek a diverse workforce. Applicants from all backgrounds, especially from communities of color, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that articulates your qualifications for this position to:
(Please include “Program Associate” in the subject line.)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will respond to all applicants.
Job Email id: info(at)fistulafoundation.org