|Organization Name||:||Food for the Hungry|
|Location||:||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Dec 2021, 08:53 am|
|Closing Date||:||14 Jan 2022, 12:00 am|
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Responsible for developing and maintaining a caseload of churches, privately held businesses, corporations and other affinity organizations actively engaged in supporting the work of Food for the Hungry. With a primary emphasis on child sponsorship acquisition, the manager will also encourage mutually transformational relationships and organizational financial support of relief responses and other field-based projects/programs.
• Develops and stewards relationships with churches, businesses, corporations, networks, and other organizations to maximize their partnership and experience with FH.
• Develop a caseload of churches, businesses, networks, or other types of organizations to engage in the ministry of FH through child sponsorship, cash donations, teams, etc. Focus placed on long-term relationships for greater impact and mutual transformation.
• Conduct personal visits as warranted with these major donor relationships.
• Travel, as necessary, with staff and organizational partners to relief and development sites around the world.
• Track partner involvement / donations via ongoing reporting system.
• Partnership Management - Internal and field coordination for the advancement of partners.
• Work closely with the Field Liaisons and Teams Coordinator to ensure smooth transition as partners plan short-term team trips, child sponsorship events, and project implementation.
• Maintain good knowledge and working relationships with field staff, obtaining project proposals and appropriate updates for partners.
• Contribute to writing, editing, and providing direction for promotional materials, project proposals, and community reports.
• Plan and execute special projects as identified by department leadership.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Ability to effectively communicate the values, vision, and purpose of FH to an external audience, for the purpose of raising funds and developing partnerships. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Food for the Hungry.
• Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate, encourage and interact with pastors, church leaders, and business leaders as well as relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within and outside the organization).
• Strong public speaking skills. Strong ability to communicate both written and verbally.
• High integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics.
• Experience developing organizational resilience, employee engagement and wellbeing initiatives.
• Flexible and optimistic team player.
• Cross-cultural understanding and cross-cultural experience are a plus.
• Ability to write, edit and provide direction for promotional materials and project proposals. Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives. Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes.
• Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of time per year in the region and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
• Typically, 3 years of experience in a local church pastoral role or a partnership development role in a global organization or non-profit ministry.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3ETHpOp