|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Nov 2021, 02:54 am|
|Closing Date||:||18 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
Title: Deployment Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Deployment Program Manager
Starting Salary: KES 334,104
This position is responsible for providing broad, high-level support to the agency’s deployment program, also called the UNHCR Collaboration Project (UNCP), and acts as the primary supervisor for the agency’s deployed Experts. The primary purpose of the UNCP is to deploy RefugePoint Experts in the field of Resettlement, Complementary Pathways and Child Protection to UNHCR offices throughout the world, focusing on Africa and the Middle East. These Experts provide direct support to UNHCR through casework and capacity building related to third-country solutions.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and reports to the Deployment Program Manager (DPM), a position based at RefugePoint’s Headquarters in Boston, USA. Thus, supervision is fully remote.
The position is a member of RefugePoint Kenya’s Senior Management Team.
Core responsibilities and duties of the positions are as follows:
• Supervises, mentors and technically supports Experts deployed to UNHCR, to ensure high quality, efficient and professional implementation of the deployment program;
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with UNHCR HQ, Regional Bureaus and Country and Field Offices. Communicates regularly with UNHCR focal points to plan and execute deployments;
• Helps negotiate Terms of Reference (TORs) for assignments and monitors and evaluates team and individual progress at regular intervals to ensure that assignments are on track to meet targets specified in TORs;
• Assists with UNCP recruitment, including reviewing applications and conducting interviews, and works closely with HR to ensure a healthy pool of candidates is maintained;
• Provides newly recruited staff with comprehensive orientation on RefugePoint’s overall mission, the UNHCR Collaboration Project, and life as an Expert;
• Trains newly recruited Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Experts on technical areas of refugee resettlement and other pathways;
• Develops and maintain a Training Curriculum for new Experts;
• Closely reviews narrative and case tracking reports from Experts, follows up on issues presented, and collates into quarterly reports to be shared internally;
• Conducts check-ins with new Experts during the first month of their deployment, and regular check-ins with all Experts on a quarterly basis, fostering strong communication between the Expert and the UNCP, identifying best practices, and troubleshooting problems;
• Evaluates and monitors the outcomes of deployment activities and makes recommendations to enhance programming;
• As requested, contributes to discussions with the Agency’s senior management around strategy and vision of the UNCP;
• Assists in compiling quarterly narrative reports to HQ on the highlights, outputs and challenges of the UNCP;
• Promotes a sense of connectivity and professional development amongst program staff, as well as a sense of connection between program staff and others within the Agency;
• Keeps up to date with global, regional and local trends and policies in Third Country Solutions, as these conversations apply to the UNCP;
• Adheres to RefugePoint’s code of conduct, Standard Operating Procedures, guiding principles, and uphold the highest professional ethical obligations;
• Meets deadlines consistently, resolve challenges in a collaborative manner, and maintain responsive lines of communication with all levels of management and staff.
Any other duties as assigned by the Deployment Program Manager.
• University degree in a related field and 4 years of refugee-related work experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in a deployment program or other similar secondment program, ideally with UNHCR.
• Significant familiarity with UNHCR and its policies and procedures for partners.
• Experience working with refugees in Africa preferred
• Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent English language communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
• Experience training groups preferred;
• Experience in Child Protection/ Best Interests Procedures an advantage;
• Strong writing and analytical skills;
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office; knowledge of ProGres database or the ability to learn computer programs quickly an advantage;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, maintaining flexibility and attention-to-detail under challenging circumstances;
• Commitment to RefugePoint’s mission of providing lasting solutions to the world’s most vulnerable refugees.
• Commitment to adhere to RefugePoint and UNHCR Code of Conduct and conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Ability to travel in Africa on short notice and sometimes under difficult conditions, including to refugee camps, remote areas and sometimes high security environments.
• Police clearance certificate.
Apply at: https://refugepoint.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a25lemt8513e