|Organization Name||:||Colleges and Institutes Canada|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jul 2021, 06:45 am|
|Closing Date||:||12 Aug 2021, 12:00 am|
Consultancy - Dairy Processing Specialist
SEARCH FOR SPECIALISTS IN DAIRY PROCESSING – DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY OF A TRAINING ON DAIRY PROCESSING EQUIPMENT IN NYERI, NYERI COUNTY, KENYA.
The Kenya Education for Employment Program (KEFEP), an Education for Employment (EFE) program of Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) working in collaboration with the Kenyan Ministry of Education (MOE) will support Kenya in the revitalization of the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system, which has historically run on low capacity and minimal interest from potential students.
KEFEP is a five-year (2016-2021) program funded by Global Affairs Canada. The program will work at the national level with the Directorate for TVET of the MOE and at the institutional level with the ten national polytechnics across Kenya. It will also engage industry stakeholders in the identification of skills gaps, the development of relevant occupational standards and curricula, and the improvement of training facilities to improve the capacity of Kenyan institutions and agencies to implement TVET reform initiatives; increase the effectiveness of partner institutions to deliver industry-responsive skills training; and strengthen the quality of industry-responsive skills training programs.
KEFEP’s ultimate outcome is to provide increased economic opportunities for male and female graduates from TVET institutions in Kenya.
The three intermediate program results are:
• Improved quality and relevance of skills training programs at partner institutions
• Increased effectiveness of partner institutions in delivering accessible and gender responsive skills training programs that meet private sector needs to trainees
• Increased effectiveness of national Kenyan agencies in implementing TVET reform
Colleges and Institutes Canada through its office in Nairobi invites proposals for the provision of training services on behalf of its implementing partner, Cégep Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, who will be the contracting entity.
Current Situation: CICan has launched the implementation phase of KEFEP, which includes supporting the Nyeri National Polytechnic (NNP) in delivering a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) course in Dairy Processing. The consultant hired will be responsible for preparing the NNP’s trainers and dairy technician in the operation, sanitization, cleaning, and maintenance of the NNP dairy processing equipment. The consultant will also prepare NNP’s trainers and dairy technician to prepare and manage the production of the milk processing plant in an educational context. It is expected that the training facilitated by the consultant will allow NNP’s trainers to develop their competencies to become fully autonomous on dairy equipment handling. The position is focused on supporting competency-based education and training. It therefore requires a good degree of familiarity with TVET and educational concepts.**
Consultancy Title: Dairy Processing Specialist - Trainer **
Level of Effort: Minimum of 25 hours training delivered over 5 consecutive days
Duration: Training to be delivered in September 2021 **
Consultancy Fee: To be proposed by the applicant**
Location for training delivery: Training will take place at the Nyeri National Polytechnic's milk processing workshop**
Language of intervention: English**
Mandate: Develop a practical training on adequate use and maintenance of dairy processing equipment, including dairy production processes in a school workshop context. Dairy processing equipment will be available at the NNP Dairy Workshop. The training will be delivered to a group of Food Sciences trainers and to a Dairy Processing technician. **
Specifics of the mandate:
• Develop training plan and training materials.
• Prepare practical learning activities involving the use of dairy equipment.
• Prepare practical learning activities involving the development of SOPs.
• Prepare practical learning activities involving performing sanitization and maintenance of dairy equipment in accordance with the instructions of each manufacturer.
• Prepare practical learning activities involving the development of sanitization and maintenance procedures.
• Prepare practical learning activities involving the planning of dairy processing plan production process/flow.
• Include environmental sustainability in all aspects of the mandate.
• Refer to Kenya Dairy Board standards when applicable.
• Training plan including related theory, methodology, practical learning activities descriptions, required resources, etc.
• Training materials.
• Dairy Processing production plan (educational context).
• Delivery of the training (duration of 25h over 5 days).
Description of the equipment available at the NNP Dairy Processing workshop:
1. Filling and packing of milk and yogurt:
• Universal filling machine for milk and yogurt products
• Semi automatic closing machine for milk and yogurt products
• Vacuum sealer
• Semi automatic closing machine
• Universal filling machine
2. Turn-key 300 ltr Dairy Production Plant:
• 200 ltr stationary raw milk tank
• Pastereurizer 300 ltr
• Ice bank 710 ltr
• Cream seperator 315 ltr/hr
• Pneumatic draining press
• Automatic controller with stainless, steel cabinet, control panel, touch screen display
• Cooled stationary pasteurized milk storage tank 200 ltr
• Vessel for cleaning the equipment
• Cheese milling machine
Consultant required qualifications:
• At least Technical Training Certificate in Dairy Processing or a related area. A Bachelor’s Degree in the subject area will be considered as a plus.
• At least 5 years experience in the Dairy Processing Industry, especially with regard to the use of dairy processing equipment and dairy products production.
• Good knowledge of TVET or the higher education sector is highly desirable. Previous experience in facilitation or teaching will be considered as a selection eliminatory element.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Fluency in English.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following by 12 August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Application: Provision of Training Services-Nyeri National Polytechnic’’:**
• CV written in English language (max 3 pages)
• Contact details
• Three (3) references
• Proposed fully inclusive daily rate in Kenya Shillings
• KRA PIN certificate
• Valid KRA tax compliance certificate
Documents should be submitted as one PDF file. Phone calls or in-person visits will not be accepted.
Job Email id: applications(at)ke.collegesinstitutes.ca