|Organization Name||:||International Bamboo and Rattan Organisation (INBAR)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jun 2021, 05:45 am|
|Closing Date||:||05 Jul 2021, 12:00 am|
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
INBAR Department: INBAR Central Africa Regional Office (CARO)
Report to: Regional Director, Central Africa Region
Duration: One year full-time - subject to renewal upon performance. Salary ranging from US$700 – US$900 per month, commensurate with skills and experience. This is a nationally recruited position.
INBAR is currently seeking a qualified Financial and Administration officer to support and facilitate the work of the INBAR Office in Cameroon including the “Inter-Africa Bamboo Smallholder Farmers Livelihood Development Programme”. Supported by the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), the programme will be implemented in Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana and Madagascar, with links to China. The project goal is to enhance incomes, livelihoods and climate change adaptative capacities of African smallholder farmers, women and youth by upscaling and increasing their participation in climate-smart bamboo value chains. The project objectives are fourfold (i) Upscale and diversify existing target country bamboo value chains and promote industrialization, (ii) Facilitate restoration of degraded land, (iii) Integrate bamboo into country development plans, particularly for climate change, and (iv) enhance South-south cooperation with African and between African and China.
• Work closely with the INBAR’s Finance Department at the Headquarters to prepare all required donor financial reports;
• Organise and be responsible for INBAR Cameroon regional office financial documents;
• Maintain the accounting recorder for all expense occurred in INBAR Cameroon regional office, and report office expense statements to Headquarters quarterly;
• Handle all INBAR Cameroon regional office project related payments whenever and wherever necessary;
• Support the Director of INBAR Office in Cameroon on managing quarterly budgeting and balancing ensuring that work in progress and forward budgeting are in line with forecasts;
• Be responsible to handle bank transaction (notes, advises, statements, etc.);
• Prepare legal documents for goods to be purchased with respect to the regulation of the relevant project and follow-up the timely acquisition;
• Be responsible for controlling all incoming and outgoing properties, including fixed assets and consumables;
• Keep the smooth running of office communication, time table and other public relationship;
• Assist the timely organization of the necessary logistics for workshops, seminars, trainings, and other visits/trips;
• Arrange and follow-up flight booking and accommodation for international and local INBAR staff;
• Carry out other activities for Cameroon regional office as appropriate and requested by Regional Coordinator;
• Other tasks reasonable requested by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in accountant, finance or relevant field. A Master’s degree in Accounting/ finance would be an advantage;
• At least 3 to 5 years solid working experience as financial officer or accountant, especially finance work experience in a non-profit organization is preferred;
• Experience with the financial management;
• Strong English skills (spoken and written) and working knowledge of French language
• High-level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
• Proactive worker and quick learner
• Ability to fit in and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic internal and external environment
Applications (a cover letter with your CV/resume) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 July 2021. Please include the following subject in the submission: “INBAR CARO Financial and Administration Officer-NAME”.
To learn more about INBAR, please visit our website at www.inbar.int
Job Email id: hr(at)inbar.int