Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 20 COVID-19 related deaths in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Sunday.
The death toll due to the highly infectious disease now stands at 8,023.
Bangladesh has recorded 473 new cases of the coronavirus in a daily count, taking the tally of infections so far to 531,799, bdnews24 reported.
The number of new recoveries outpaced active cases in the same period with another 487 patients recovering from the illness through treatment at home and in hospital care. It brings the tally of recoveries to 476,413, the news portal reported.
- Mental health alert for 332 million children linked to COVID-19 lockdown policies: UNICEF
- Equitable vaccine delivery plan needs more support to succeed: COVAX partners
- COVID-19 cases rise for first time in seven weeks: WHO
- One in 4 people projected to have hearing problems by 2050: WHO
- COVID-19 affected 1 in 30 Russians during first year of pandemic