Dhaka: In the last 24 hours, 17 more people have died due to coronavirus infection in the country while 2,275 new patients have been identified, according to an official press release.
The infection toll stood at 4,43,434. The death toll rose to 6,322 with the latest casualties.
According to the Department of Health, another 1,709 patients have been cured in the last one day.
The total number of recoveries increased to 3,58,431.
In the last 24 hours, 15,607 samples were tested in 117 labs across the country.
So far, 26,22,559 samples have been tested.
Considering the sample test in 24 hours, the detection rate is 14.58 percent while the total detection rate is 16.91 percent.
The recovery rate is 80.83 percent and the death rate is 1.43 percent.
Of those who have died in the last one day, 11 are men and 6 are women. All of them died at the hospital.
Among the dead were 12 residents of Dhaka division, 2 residents of Rangpur division and 1 resident of Chittagong, Rajshahi and Sylhet divisions.
- Spain to Inoculate 2.5mln people in care homes in first COVID vaccination phase - Minister
- UK to pilot revolutionary blood test potentially detecting 50 types of cancer
- Bangladesh: 20 die with Covid-19 within a day, 2,273 new cases registered
- Global HIV toll likely to be far higher owing to COVID-19, warns UNAIDS
- Bangladesh: Covid-19 kills 37 in a day as death toll crosses 6,500