Beijing/Xinhua: The Chinese mainland reported 13 new imported COVID-19 cases Friday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,097, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
Of the new imported cases, five were reported in Shanghai, four in Tianjin, two in Guangdong, and one each in Sichuan and Shaanxi, the commission said in its daily report.
Among all the imported cases, 2,851 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery while 246 remained hospitalized, the commission said.
No deaths had been reported from the imported cases.
- US FDA approves Gilead's remdesivir as COVID-19 treatment
- Scientists discover new salivary gland
- UK Gov't planning to discharge COVID-19 patients in care homes: Watchdog
- Focus on fundamentals as COVID-19 caseloads rise: WHO
- COVID-19 vaccine: UNICEF to stockpile more than half a billion syringes by year’s end