Changchun/Xinhua: No newly confirmed COVID-19 cases and asymptomatic cases were reported in northeast China's Jilin Province for Thursday, the provincial health commission said Friday.
This marks that Jilin has reported no newly confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases for five consecutive days.
As of Thursday, the province had reported a total of 136 confirmed locally transmitted cases, including two deaths and 117 who had been discharged from hospital after recovery.
There are still 17 patients receiving treatment in hospital, with two in severe condition, all in the city of Jilin. And 1,627 people in close contact with the locally transmitted cases had been placed under medical observation, and 123 of them were lifted of medical observation.
- Moderna coronavirus vaccine shows 'positive' phase 1 result
- UK Scientists predict winter wave of COVID-19 to bring about 120,000 Fatalities - Reports
- White House trashes top US infection expert, Trump downplays feud
- Modelling study predicts surge in HIV, TB, and malaria deaths due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Wearing Masks to Be Mandatory in England's Shops From July 24 - Downing Street Spokesman