05 Sep 2015, 07:48 am Print
Poachers had killed the rhino inside the national park under Bagori forest range.
"Forest guards had found the dehorned bullet injuries carcass of a male rhino inside the park on Friday morning, " an official of KNP said.
Flood waters submerged over 70 forest camps in the national park.
The official said that, many wild animals had crossed the NH-37 and entered into the nearest Karbi hills following the worsened flood situation in the national park.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)
- Biodiversity and ecosystem protection highlighted on Mother Earth Day
- Australian govt lists Koalas as endangered species
- Rare coral reef discovered near Tahiti is ‘like a work of art’, says diver
- US: Snow leopard dies in zoo after suffering from COVID-19
- Forensic lab aids crack down on illegal wildlife trade in Viet Nam