Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 30 Oct 2017
According to reports, the Middle Eastern nation is set to allow females to enter sport stadiums from beginning of 2018.
The previous male only venues, King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, King Abdullah Sport City in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Stadium in Dammam, have started preparing to accommodate families, a statement read.
However, it is unclear if the sitting arrangements will have a separate section for women.
According to traditions, Saudi men and women sit separately in places where they are both allowed.
Earlier this year, the nation received plaudits after it relaxed driving laws and allowed females to drive.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- More flee Cameroon’s English-speaking areas; UN concerned over safety of women and children
- The unusual "teacher" uniting China and Japan with adult fun
- Saudi Arabia: Women watch football match in stadium for first time
- 'Long walk to freedom' unfinished for women, girls – Deputy Secretary-General says in Mandela lecture
- No man will reach full potential unless women reach theirs, UN says on Day of Eliminating Violence