Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 30 Oct 2017
According to reports, the Middle Eastern nation is set to allow females to enter sport stadiums from beginning of 2018.
The previous male only venues, King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, King Abdullah Sport City in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Stadium in Dammam, have started preparing to accommodate families, a statement read.
However, it is unclear if the sitting arrangements will have a separate section for women.
According to traditions, Saudi men and women sit separately in places where they are both allowed.
Earlier this year, the nation received plaudits after it relaxed driving laws and allowed females to drive.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- UN celebrates voice and visibility of women and girls with autism
- Women and girls with autism must be empowered to overcome discrimination they face, says UN chief
- #DeixaElaTrabalhar: Brazil female sports reporters campaign against sexual harassment, says 'let her work'
- UN Commission delivers a blueprint to ensure the rights and development of rural women and girls
- Afghanistan President appoints female spokeswoman