Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 30 Oct 2017
According to reports, the Middle Eastern nation is set to allow females to enter sport stadiums from beginning of 2018.
The previous male only venues, King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, King Abdullah Sport City in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Stadium in Dammam, have started preparing to accommodate families, a statement read.
However, it is unclear if the sitting arrangements will have a separate section for women.
According to traditions, Saudi men and women sit separately in places where they are both allowed.
Earlier this year, the nation received plaudits after it relaxed driving laws and allowed females to drive.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Saudi Arabia appoints woman to run bank
- Deputy UN chief hails ‘political courage’ of Latin American countries ‘to confront and end femicide’
- Women need to speak up for sexual harassment to stop: Michal Aviad
- Vulnerable children face ‘dire and dangerous’ situation on Greek island reception centres, UNICEF warns
- Somalia has ‘once in a generation’ gender equality opportunity – UN Women chief