Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Sep 2017
The attack reportedly killed at least 18 policemen and injured 3 others.
“The Secretary-General hopes those responsible for this act will be quickly brought to justice,” his spokesperson, Stéphane Dujarric, said in a statement.
“He conveys his condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government and people of Egypt. He also wishes a swift recovery to the injured.”
- Korean nuclear crisis, Middle East quagmire eroding global security, UN chief tells Munich summit
- UN, partners complete first aid delivery in months to Syria’s war-battered east Ghouta
- UN says more than 10,000 civilians killed or injured in Afghanistan conflict last year
- Syria: Civilians killed on ‘horrific scale’ as conflict begins spilling across borders
- At donor conference, UN chief launches two-year plan to fast-track Iraq reconstruction