Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 03 Jan 2018
Kabul, Jan 3 (JEN): At least one American soldier was killed and four others were wounded during an operation in Afghanistan, local Tolo news reported.
The incident took place in Achin district of Nangarhar province on Monday.
According to an official statement, two of the injured soldiers are presently recuperating at a facility and are said to be stable.
Neither the deceased, nor the injured, have been identified so far
Afghanistan is currently home to around 14,000 US soldiers, who are allowed to accompany their Afghan counterparts at battalion level.
- EU sanctions Maldivian government officials; Key MEP says 'significant step'
- USA: 11 dead as duck boat capsizes in Missouri lake
- Afghanistan: At least 10 civilians killed during Kunduz operation, says defence ministry
- UK Police likely to have identified Skripal attackers: Reports
- Maldives resort employees on warpath with Election Commission over attempt to deny them voting rights