Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Dec 2017
Kabul: A blast during a funeral prayer of former district chief of Haskamena district in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan on Sunday left at least 12 people dead, media reports said.
The incident left 14 people injured.
Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal confirmed to Pajhwok 12 people were killed and over a dozen injured in the bombing.
The blast occurred at around 2 pm, reports said.
The incident occurred in Muqam Khan cemetery in Jalalabad.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast so far.
Image: Wikipedia Image of a US military helicopter over Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: At least 162 militants killed in anti-terrorism operations, says defence ministry
- Nawaz Sharif, daughter Maryam arrested after landing at Lahore airport
- At least 19 killed, 31 injured in China chemical plant explosion
- Four killed, 31 injured in blast near election rally in Pakistan
- Nangarhar gunmen attack: 10 killed, 10 others injured