Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Dec 2017
Kabul: A blast during a funeral prayer of former district chief of Haskamena district in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan on Sunday left at least 12 people dead, media reports said.
The incident left 14 people injured.
Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal confirmed to Pajhwok 12 people were killed and over a dozen injured in the bombing.
The blast occurred at around 2 pm, reports said.
The incident occurred in Muqam Khan cemetery in Jalalabad.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast so far.
Image: Wikipedia Image of a US military helicopter over Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Militant ambush kills at least three policemen in Kabul
- US leaders condole loss of lives in Toronto van attack
- Kabul suicide attack: Death toll rises to 60
- Yemen: President's assassination will not break the will of the Yemeni people, says Houthi leader
- 9 dead, 16 injured as van ploughs down pedestrians in Toronto