|Organization Name||:||UNDP - United Nations Development Programme|
The Gender Specialist will report to the Project Manager and will provide technical support to project manager in planning and implementing pillar activities focusing on the following key results:
- Under the leadership of the project manager, coordinate, plan and implement activities of Socio behavioral change through religious leaders;
- Coordinate and manage project support to Kabul University Gender Studies Institute;
- Provide technical support to ministry of women affairs and ministry of Haj and religious affair advancing social behavioral changes toward gender equality and women empowerment.
Under the leadership of the project manager, coordinate, plan and implement activities of Socio behavioral change through religious leaders focusing on the following results:
- Implementation of UNDP strategies to promote gender equality and women's empowerment through behavioral and socio-cultural transformations strengthening initiatives at national and subnational levels;
- Ensuring appropriate design, delivery and monitoring and evaluation of the pillar's activities at the national and sub-national levels;
- Provide advice on potential areas for EGEMA and the adjustment of ongoing activities to ensure that EGEMA remains in harmony with national policies and priorities;
- Help develop training tools and strategic plans that facilitate achievement of pillar objectives;
- Assist the project manager to prepare detailed work plan, schedule and budget for the gender transformation through behavioral and socio-cultural change component of the project;
- Assist in preparing Terms of references for consultants to be engaged to assist in project's pillar activities;
- Support the implementation of activities on improving M&E of the pillar;
- Provide inputs to the proposals, concept notes, reports prepared by project's consultants and project technical staff and ensure quality and timeliness of reports.
Coordinate and manage project support to Kabul University Gender Studies Institute:
- Work with the Kabul University Gender Studies Institute, providing technical support to achieve a number of set activities geared at strengthening the Institute;
- Building strategic partnerships and networking to assist the Ministry of Women Affairs to effectively partner with the Gender Studies Institute and the Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs;
- Provide technical support to kabul university towards establishing partnerships with internal and external universities resulting to enrichment of curriculum and teaching material, exchange of professors and students.
- Provide technical support to ministry of women affairs and ministry of Haj and religious affair advancing social behavioral changes toward gender equality and women empowerment:
Provide technical support for strengthening the capacity of the Public Relations and Provincial Directorates of the Ministry of Women Affairs;
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned;
- Encourage and support volunteerism in awareness campaigns on women rights and gender equality;
- Carry out other duties assigned by the supervisor.