Vienna, Austria (JEN) The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the Government of Japan signed an agreement today aimed at enhancing nuclear security measures for the summer Olymp ...
New York, Feb 13 (JEN): As many countries prepare to mark Valentine’s Day, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is calling on people to end their “toxic relationshi ...
Hualien: At least four people have died in the 6.5 magnitude earthquake which struck Taiwan on Tuesday night, reports said.
Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
New York, Jan 19 (JEN): The upward trend in global temperatures marked by record-shattering warmth in 2015 and 2016 kept pace last year, with the United Nations weather agency warning Thu ...
Berlin: Packing wind speed up to 203 kilometres per hour, storm Friederike punched its way across Western Europe, battering towns and affecting millions on Thursday.
Lima: A strong earthquake of magnitude 7.1 struck Peru on Sunday, killing at least one person, reports said.
Washington: SpaceX's Dragon cargo spacecraft is scheduled to splash down in the Pacific Ocean on Saturday, Jan. 13, west of Baja California, with approximately 4,100 pounds of NASA ca ...
Carpinteria, Jan 11 (JEN): The death toll in the devastating California mudslides has risen to 17, with 28 others suffering injuries, reports said.
- World cannot take water for granted, say UN officials at launch of global decade for action
- Heatwaves, hurricanes, floods: 2017 costliest year ever for extreme weather and climate events, says UN
- Drought and conflict leave millions more hungry in 2017 – UN-backed report
- As cities boom, forests key to meeting demands for water, food and energy – UN
- UN spotlights rainwater recycling, artificial wetlands among ‘green’ solutions to global water crisis