Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Dec 2017
Manila, Dec 23 (JEN): At least 74 people have been reportedly killed as tropical storm Tembin swept through southern Philippines, reports said.
The storm brought with it mudslide and flash floods.
Two towns, Tubod and Piagapo, sustained most severe damage, as a number of homes were completely destroyed.
Dozens were killed a week ago as a similar tropical storm, Kai-Tak, struck central Philippines.
- Hurricane Michael: Storm kills at least 16, leaves behind a trail of destruction
- Hurricane Michael: Storm kills at least one person in Florida, downgraded
- Hurricane Michael: Florida braces for 'extremely dangerous' category 4 storm
- 5.9 earthquake hits Haiti, 11 killed
- UN system mobilizing to support Indonesia, following earthquake and tsunami disaster