Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Dec 2017
Manila, Dec 23 (JEN): At least 74 people have been reportedly killed as tropical storm Tembin swept through southern Philippines, reports said.
The storm brought with it mudslide and flash floods.
Two towns, Tubod and Piagapo, sustained most severe damage, as a number of homes were completely destroyed.
Dozens were killed a week ago as a similar tropical storm, Kai-Tak, struck central Philippines.
- UN agriculture agency digs in to help forests and farms build resilience to climate change
- At least 94 dead as heavy rain inundates Japan
- NASA’s Kepler Spacecraft pauses science observations to download science data
- Canada: Heat wave in Quebec kills 33 people
- ISRO carries out technology demonstration to qualify Crew Escape System