India Blooms News Service 18 Jul 2017
All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) determines the CMAT Eligibility Criteria every year for all contender to show up for the exam. At last, the choice and assignment of seats will be done on the basis of qualification, eligibility and rank in the CMAT examination
The applicants who don't satisfy the CMAT qualification standards won't be permitted to take CMAT 2018 examination and all procedures further will be crossed out regardless of what the phase of affirmation and execution in the CMAT examination had been.
Subsequently, the hopefuls need to check eligibilitybefore they begin CMAT Registration.
The essential CMAT Eligibility Criterion:
• The CMAT yearning competitor must be an Indian to fulfill the qualification criteria for CMAT 2018.
• The applicant must be a graduate (10+2+3) from any perceived University in any train to fulfill the qualification criteria.
Course wise CMAT Eligibility for 2018:
The CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria for admissions to the management programs (Diploma and Post-Graduation) will varyaccording to the kind of management program.
The general CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria for every management program is recorded as under:
- Candidate should have completed Graduation of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized college or university
PGDM and MBA
- A Bachelor's level degree of at least 3 years duration.
- Passed with a minimum percentage of 50% (for general category) and 45% (for reserved category)
- A Bachelor's degree of least 3 years duration.
- Must have minimum 5 years working experience in managerial and supervisory work profile.
- Minimum percentage required to apply for General category students is 50% and for reserved category students it is 45%
Documents required to be Eligible for Reservation:
If you want to seek reservation in CMAT under any of the mentioned categories, required documents or reports will have to be produced.
Percentage of Reservation
I. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Caste Who Converted to Buddhism (SC ) 13.0%
Scheduled Tribes including those living outside specified areas (ST ) 7.0 %
VimuktaJati&Denotified Tribes (VJ/DT) i.e. NT (A) 3.0%
Nomadic Tribes– 1 (NT-B) 2.5%
II. Nomadic Tribes– 2 (NT-C) 3.5%
Nomadic Tribes– 3 (NT-D) 2.0%
III. Other Backward Classes (OBC )-19%
IV. Total Reservation-50%
Reports as declarations to be produced for applying under any reservation category:
- Caste certificate
- Dependent Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proformas etc., whichever applicable, according to the guidelines of the particular college/ institute.
Category once indicated by the applicant at the time of submitting his/her CMAT 2018 Application form, along with the documents as proof, won't be changed later under any circumstances. Thus, the student must read and comprehend the criteria of reservation of seats deliberately before applying for CMAT 2018.
Note: Without sufficient documentary proof, no candidate will be given any benefits of reservation of seats through CMAT 2018.
|Education Qualification Required Graduation||(From a Recognized college/university)|
|Students in Last year of Graduation||Are eligible to apply|
|Minimum required percentage in Graduation||50%|
CMAT Exam Highlights
|Application Process Starts||Second week of October 2017|
|Application Process Ends||Fourth week of December 2017|
|Release of Admit Card||Third week of January 2018|
|CMAT 2018 Exam||Fourth week of January 2018|
|Announcement of Result||Second week of February 2018|
CMAT Exam Pattern
CMAT exam is conducted in computer based mode. The total duration of the exam is three hours. It is divided into four sections. The table given below provides more information on the exam pattern of CMAT 2018 –
|S. No.||Types of Questions||No. of Questions|
|1||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25|
As far as the marking scheme is concerned, the candidates are awarded 4 marks for every correct answer, while 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. The total number of questions asked in the exam is 100 (25 questions in each section) and the maximum marks is 400.
CMAT cutoff, means the minimum score required to qualify CMAT exam. Institutes will announce their individual cut off score on their website after the CMAT results will be announced.
Qualifying candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview in various colleges based on their CMAT score.
|Name of Institute CMAT||Cut off 2017|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||82 percentile (170)|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)||96.42 percentile (210)|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.85 percentile (260)|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75 percentile (160)|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune||75 percentile (160)|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20 percentile (246)|
|XISS Ranchi||95 percentile (199)|
- Partnership key to ensuring all children can access education – senior UN officials
- Young students getting better at reading, finds international study
- Don't just blame teachers when system is at fault, says UNESCO
- More than half of children and youth worldwide 'not learning' – UNESCO
- At high-level forum, UN stresses importance of education in building ‘culture of peace’